General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this unsellable due to miles or interior color?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 08:52 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is this unsellable due to miles or interior color?

I'm looking at this vehicle but concerned I will have issues trying to sell it as I only keep my cars 2-3 years. It's been to 3 different dealers (dealer, dealer, auction, dealer) and was even offered as a CPO at the last dealership and yet is still sitting. They originally told me they couldn't go lower than $62,000 so I didn't reply. Yesterday I replied and said let me know if things change. Well they informed me it's now going back to the auction but they can offer it to me at wholesale for $59,250 (that is not wholesale cost) which she said is lower than their cost. Is it the color combo? Miles? I avoid little dealers like this but since it came from Land Rover dealership as a CPO I figured it can't be bad. I've been trying to figure out what could be deterring buyers away but have no clue.

https://www.expressautostyler.com/20...X_11837045.veh

Old 10-10-2017, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,464 Likes on 1,195 Posts

Personally the interior is a bit out there.

Old 10-10-2017, 10:48 AM
Mudding
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Probably depends on finding the right person, I like that interior, my wife would hate it

Old 10-10-2017, 12:31 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

A quick search suggests this one is overpriced given the mileage. Plenty of SC's out there with less mileage and a more conventional interior. The Autobiography editions are certainly nice, but I would never pay the premium whether new or used.

I liked the early 90's Corvette in the Turquoise Blue when it first came out, but thankfully didn't buy one. My good friend has one with something like 35K miles and can't sell it even well below alleged market value. I've been thinking of buying it, repaint it, and use it as my beater car to the airport and back to every week.

So miles combined with a very unique interior is scaring off buyers. Low ball them with an offer of 52K and see if they bite. But be prepared to take a hit when you sell.

Old 10-10-2017, 12:56 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by COSPILOT
A quick search suggests this one is overpriced given the mileage. Plenty of SC's out there with less mileage and a more conventional interior. The Autobiography editions are certainly nice, but I would never pay the premium whether new or used.

I liked the early 90's Corvette in the Turquoise Blue when it first came out, but thankfully didn't buy one. My good friend has one with something like 35K miles and can't sell it even well below alleged market value. I've been thinking of buying it, repaint it, and use it as my beater car to the airport and back to every week.

So miles combined with a very unique interior is scaring off buyers. Low ball them with an offer of 52K and see if they bite. But be prepared to take a hit when you sell.
KBB trade in range for very good condition is $53,847-$58,118. Dealer range is $58,397-$66,658 for good condition so $52,000 is being unrealistic especially since it doesn't take into the $4,000 premium meridian upgrade. I only like the tan and red interiors so the other interiors are not an option. I'm just trying to figure out which one people don't care for. The tan is neutral but for some reason looks bright orange in photos, very strange.

Old 10-10-2017, 01:08 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by sonyab523
KBB trade in range for very good condition is $53,847-$58,118. Dealer range is $58,397-$66,658 for good condition so $52,000 is being unrealistic especially since it doesn't take into the $4,000 premium meridian upgrade. I only like the tan and red interiors so the other interiors are not an option. I'm just trying to figure out which one people don't care for. The tan is neutral but for some reason looks bright orange in photos, very strange.
Having spent most of my career in sales, including time in car sales, I learned long ago to not trust KBB or any other online info. I trust my instincts and as such I buy and sell based on that. The vehicle seems clean, and assuming there isn't something unseen and unreported (I learned I don't trust car fax either), go for it if you like it. But I would stick with 52K offer, maybe go up to 55K In negotiations, but the premium for Autobiography is worthless for resell IMO.

Old 10-10-2017, 01:15 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

It's the interior. I don't care for it. If I was going to pay that much moolah for a Rover I'd want it to be as stylish on the inside as it is on the outside. Just my 2 cents but orange down classes the vehicle. 50k something mileage over 3-4 years doesn't bother me.

Old 10-10-2017, 01:24 PM
Rock Crawling

All of that said, the V8 Supercharged RRS is a very fun vehicle to drive. The look, from the wheels, sound, etc. It's one I very much enjoyed for the 3 months I drove one. I had mine as a loaner while my Range Rover was in in the shop. Debated buying it, but I need the cargo room of the full size Range Rover or the LR3/LR4. Haven't looked hard yet at the LR5.

Old 10-10-2017, 01:30 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by KernowDiscovery
It's the interior. I don't care for it. If I was going to pay that much moolah for a Rover I'd want it to be as stylish on the inside as it is on the outside. Just my 2 cents but orange down classes the vehicle. 50k something mileage over 3-4 years doesn't bother me.
It's not orange, maybe that's be why people are running because they think it really is orange.

Originally Posted by COSPILOT
Having spent most of my career in sales, including time in car sales, I learned long ago to not trust KBB or any other online info. I trust my instincts and as such I buy and sell based on that. The vehicle seems clean, and assuming there isn't something unseen and unreported (I learned I don't trust car fax either), go for it if you like it. But I would stick with 52K offer, maybe go up to 55K In negotiations, but the premium for Autobiography is worthless for resell IMO.
I don't have the option of going outside of an autobiography, I need adaptive cruise control which I only found on the newer ones or the autobiography's. The cheapest way for me to get the ACC and different interior color was to go with the Autobiography.

Attached Thumbnails Is this unsellable due to miles or interior color?-1.jpg   Is this unsellable due to miles or interior color?-2.jpg   Is this unsellable due to miles or interior color?-3.jpg  

Last edited by sonyab523; 10-10-2017 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10-10-2017, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,464 Likes on 1,195 Posts

The color isn't orange to me but it's trendy. I think in 3-4 years it's going to look really dated. I like simple or classic color combos in my vehicles. They age well and don't fall out of favor.

Quick Reply: Is this unsellable due to miles or interior color?