General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where can I get four inexpensive tires -RRS 2006

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 09:03 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I get four inexpensive tires -RRS 2006

hi my RRS 2006 tires are old and wore out. I want to know where is a good , inexpensive, liable place I can buy four new tires if possible 4 new factory tires before the winter?

Old 11-22-2010, 11:38 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tires are a place I wouldn't skimp (too much), tire rack has a wide selection assuming that you can find someone to mount/balance them for a reasonable $. Sears, discount tires and NBTS will all match your best price. Good Luck

Old 11-23-2010, 06:30 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should check out Discount Tire Direct (www.discounttiredirect.com). Great selection, free shipping, and no sales tax if you live outside of the states their offices and warehouses are located in. I prefer these guys over Tire Rack b/c of the free shipping (although Tire Rack probably has a bit larger selection). Tire Rack will rape you on shipping fees. I just ordered some Nitto Terra Grapplers from them a few weeks ago and everything was top notch ...fast shipping, best prices around, friendly customer service. Once I got them, I just had a local tire shop install them.

Old 12-01-2010, 12:28 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tirerack vs. discountiredirect. I compared both places and the tires I wanted were the exact same bottom line price.
Tirerack charges shipping but discount charges more for the tire. I could not win. So I went with my mechanic's recommendation.
Tirerack had a fantastic website, review, surveys the works in order for me to choose which tire out of the hundreds for my RR. Customer service top notch! They were able to deliver the tires to my mechanic within 24hours, not that I was in any hurry but WOW who does that!
I was so impressed with how smooth the transaction was that I ordered another set for another vehicle and got the same superb service. I will use them again and again and will continue recommending them. Good price Good service what else could a person ask for.
Hope this reply helps.
Happy Holidays everyone!