Range Rover Evoque Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover Evoque within.

Land Rover Evoque

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 02:12 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Land Rover Evoque

Hello all. I am interested in purchasing the LR Evoque. I am trying to get some thoughts from the LR enthusiasts. Could you share your thoughts on this model in terms of engine/electrical durability. TIA

Old 01-26-2013, 04:19 PM
Mudding

Damn, that thing looks more like a Mini Cooper than a Land Rover!
Or is it Freelander 2.0?

Old 12-23-2013, 07:31 PM
Mudding

I have driven one around and I actually really like it. Of course there is no cargo room, and you are not going to do any serious off roading with it, but for driving around town it's great. The 2.0 liter engine provides a suprising amount of power. It would never replace my Disco, but it would be good to have as a second vehicle. My wife loved it and I know if I brought one home, I'd never ger her out of it!

Old 01-05-2014, 06:19 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fantastic cars. Sure some say they are not as capable as the bigger Rovers but what do you want to use it for? Urban driving is great, good looks and stylish. Gas milage is reported at 28mpg on the highway but SWMBO get 26mpg whilst I get 29.5mpg. All come with at least one back up camera, all have streaming blue tooth. The full glass roof is awsome. Watch for the big wing mirrors as they can restrict the view when turning at junctions. if carrying things then you need to be a wee bit creative to fit things in.

The 2012's had a couple of problems one being that the shifter would sometimes would refuse to come up. The second one being that in wet weather when rain hit the inter cooler it would trigger the check engine light. Range rover cured both of these problems.

The 2013 had all these issues sorted and for new ones offer a really good deal with dealers being able to offer up to $1,000 under invoice price on all models and maybe a wee bit more on the coupe models.

The 2014's have had more improvements going to a 9 speed auto and eco start stop to name but a few.

My wife Loves her's and every now and again I get to drive her 2013 Evoque Pure Premium Xenon. Its a fun car and does every thing she needs it to do including towing a 5 x 10 Trailer

Old 01-12-2014, 11:13 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife and I have one that I posted on last spring. We also have an LR2. They are two very different experiences. As noted above, it is a fun street car that drives more like a sports car than an off roader. However, we've had a chance to drive it in some pretty substantial snow and it responds well. Because of the tendency of the turbo to rapidly accelerate the car I recommend using the snow mode which slows down the acceleration curve. So far we praise it for what it is and what we use it for.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:13 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I love our new Evoque, it is my first SUV type vehicle therefore I do not have much to compare it to;however it is definitely a comfortable ride and plenty of space for my needs.

Old 08-22-2014, 05:25 AM
2nd Gear

Not much to say here, other than the fact that the item arrived as described and performs as expected. I have these Black XD Brake Rotors paired with Luk Schaffer Kevlar Brake Pads on my Land Rover Range Rover Evoque . So far, they have worked great together and I have no complaints. Seems to be a very good value compared to other options out there.

Originally Posted by ZB-30
I have driven one around and I actually really like it. Of course there is no cargo room, and you are not going to do any serious off roading with it, but for driving around town it's great. The 2.0 liter engine provides a suprising amount of power. It would never replace my Disco, but it would be good to have as a second vehicle. My wife loved it and I know if I brought one home, I'd never ger her out of it!

Old 08-22-2014, 12:53 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that you read the posts below you will see that those of who have an Evoque are pretty happy with it. We've had ours for a year and a half and have to experienced any problems with it whatsoever.

Old 11-27-2017, 07:36 PM
1st Gear

My 2014 evoque navigation screen is black and saying navigation initializing. Do anyone have this problem?