Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Range Rover Sport L320 (2005-2013) (https://landroverforums.com/forum/range-rover-sport-l320-2005-2013-58/)
-   -   Navigations issues; Buggy Touch Pro Duo (https://landroverforums.com/forum/range-rover-sport-l320-2005-2013-58/navigations-issues%3B-buggy-touch-pro-duo-89523/)

tgras1 05-15-2018 02:52 PM

Navigations issues; Buggy Touch Pro Duo

Hey All,

I just recently leased a 2018 RRS Supercharged with the new touch Pro Duo. Before I drove away from the dealership, I had noticed the navigation wasn't giving me an accurate location(showing me at 0.0, 0.0 off the coast of Africa). I thought I just needed to drive around for a little while and it would calibrate. After this did not happen after a day or so, I began checking all root folders and settings trying to have activate the navigation or whether or not it was maybe a setting that had been turned on/off. Additionally, it would show the car's map software license key as not having been activated and when attempting to login to the navigation the vehicle would tell me "There is an issue on our end. Please try again later". I continued to try and login over a period of a few days. Eventually I took it in to the dealership where they tried to update the map system which continued to show the software as being a version from 1.1.2016. They continued to try and load a newer software on the vehicle but continue to say they have trouble loading it. They ultimately could not sort the issue at the dealership and had to open a "Tech Support Ticket" with JLR HQ in New Jersey to try and rectify it. They tell me now it will take a few days for JLR HQ to get back to them with a fix after their engineers review the problem.

In the meantime, my NEW leased car has now been at the dealership service for 2 days and they are saying it could be take as long as next week in order for them to get a fix for the vehicle. Worst case, they would have to swap out the entire navigation hardware in order to fix the vehicle. Ive requested a loaner vehicle and they will give me one when one becomes available but overall this is a really bad first experience with Land Rover. Im now paying a lease on a new vehicle to find out its going to sit in the shop for the next week? This is starting to become a little ridiculous. Wondering if anyone has had any of these issues or what recourse I have here? Thanks.

DavC 05-16-2018 01:51 PM

My advice to you is just RELAX.

You could have not taken delivery or had them rectify it at lease start. Their notes to you seem normal for an unknown software issue. You should however have gotten a loaner car, since you did not mention what dealer or location it could be a larger, busier one, and thus explain loaner availability.

Things could be a lot worse. This isn't yelp. Find your happy place my friend.