Range Rover Sport L320 (2005-2013) Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover Sport within.

Range Rover Sport 2006 (L320) Aftermarket Shocks

Old 03-27-2019, 04:05 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Range Rover Sport 2006 (L320) Aftermarket Shocks

Hi, first of all, im new to this forum, it tried searching for something similar but coulnt find anything, so I apologize if this has already been covered before.
I have a proyect, an L320 (Range Rover Sport 2006, not Supercharged), that I want to make several mods to use as an offload/overland platform.
The first thing we are replacing, since they currently need replacing is part of the suspension system, we decided to keep the EAS and not go full Coil over, but I do want something really good, so I know before hand that my options are limited, very limited, but I've found this option that seems to work very good, they are designed by ORAM Suspensions, which honestly don't know anything about, in collaboration with Land Rover Passion, so I would like your input on them as also any other recomendations that will work with current air system (EAS), also planing on adding a computer such as easy lift to custom raise/lower and control the air suspension, if you have any suggestions on that also, it would be greatly appreciated
Here is the Link and below is a picture
https://www.landroverpassion.com/en/...absorbers-lrp/

Old 03-27-2019, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,464 Likes on 1,195 Posts

The shocks are interesting but I don’t know that I have ever had a need for anything that exotic on my LR3.

There are a few options to set lift in the stock computers but like to see where your heading.

Old 03-28-2019, 02:27 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, its basically the only aftermarket ones I've found that are nicer than the OEM's or more overland/offroad capable. Do you have another option? My goal is to basically build a chaser support vehicle to use in our defender trips
https://www.instagram.com/bajaextremeperformance/
https://www.instagram.com/vibes.of.baja/

Old 03-28-2019, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,464 Likes on 1,195 Posts

As an overland truck really you don’t need anything over a fresh set of stock shocks. LR3 and RRS have plenty of Overland miles under their belt and I can’t recall complaints that the shocks weren’t up to the task. I have stock replacements on mine and coil conversion with no issues whatsoever on my travels. I hit a mix of dedicated off road parks, trail systems and overland miles. Not to mention the thousands of miles in between. Not saying stock is best but I have not seen a real shortcoming there either.

Now when you change it to a Baja Chase vehicle that is very different game then overlanding. I would see how it does on the stock shocks to start with and decide if I needed to upgrade. Unless money is no object than give it a go and let us know how it performs.

I am assuming that the chase vehicle is going to be loaded down with spares, tools and gear? Which leaves me with a question of why the Sport over the LR3/LR4 which has a lot more useable space in the back. I get it though the RRS is a great looking truck.