Range Rover Sport L320 (2005-2013) Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover Sport within.

Taking Care of my 06 RRS SC

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 11:18 AM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Taking Care of my 06 RRS SC

Hi all,

I'm currently in WA state and just recently got this 2006 Range Rover Sport with only 72K miles on it! Anyways, she is not without her issues. I'll start with the big stuff and hope some of you could enlighten me to what I should be doing:

1. CEL for the heater core...According to Tacoma Land Rover heater core needs replacement. AAMCO says its a bad thermostat.
2. Radio is shot. DVD + CD work but the fm and aux are done. Land Rover says replace the Audio Head Unit/Upgrade at Car Toys. Or turn my radio into module masters to see if they can fix it?
3.Is the heater core being bad going to cause my car to overheat?
4. Running board and some interior parts are missing clips. I found a clip kit on amazon for $24. Anyone know where this round clip goes?
What does this connect to?

5. Is there an adapter or replacement for the phone connector in the center console? Is it useless to me? Or can I connect to it somehow?

6. Are the bumper guards available for these RRS? Want to get one.

Additionally I've replaced and fixing quite a few things: Put a hood lift in, ordered a replacement lighter bezel, greased moving parts, derusted interior, and planning on derusting exterior then doing a undercoat + coating the running boards.

7. Are there any legitimate tuner upgrades I can do to this vehicle?

Old 11-26-2018, 08:42 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jon,

I recently purchased a 06 Range Rover Sport HSE, and I am also having heating issues with it as well. Something I have noticed is that the heat works in the rear, and on the passenger side but not on the driver side. If this is the case with yours as well, then I would look into the Heater control valve. Just a thought, and like I said, that is what I am dealing with right now as well.

RR2006
2006 Range Rover HSE Sport