Range Rover Sport L320 (2005-2013) Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover Sport within.

Democrats caused my suspension faults. Please help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2020, 07:51 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Democrats caused my suspension faults. Please help.

I have a 2008 sport and my amber suspension light came on as well as a "suspension fault" message. I did some research and noticed my rear right tire on the 4x4 screen was registering low. I figured this must be a ride height sensor and changed it out. It did not solve the problem so I ordered an I-land code reader from British Atlantic in an attempt to recalibrate the suspension system.

First, I ran the diagnostic report and pulled 2 codes. C1A06-1c Rear ride height sensor (which I had changed) and C1AOO-54 Control module. These codes do not clear.

Second, I attempted to recalibrate the suspension using the program on the I-land app. The calibration was unsuccessful due to the measurements being too far off.

Immediately after attempting the calibration my suspension light turned red and I was locked out my ability to raise and lower. My vehicle appears to be at normal ride height and the switch is illuminated as such (the line in the middle) but the icon for the suspension high setting is also illuminated.

Seeing how nothing changed when I replaced the height sensor, could I have received a bad part?

Any help diagnosing this issue or pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated?

Old 01-08-2022, 12:48 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 74 Likes on 67 Posts

What exactly does the rear right code indicate? No sensor reading, reading out of range, low supply or sensor voltage...?
Starting last summer, I was having an issue with my LR3 - my front left sensor was dropping out intermittently on the 4x4 display, and I had a front left sensor voltage too low error code. I replaced the sensor, no change. Replaced the wiring pigtail, no change. Scratched my head for a couple months, but knew the problem had to be further downstream in the wiring or possibly an issue with the ride height control module.
Finally decided to get to the bottom of it and it turned out the problem was in the wiring, but a few inches past the end of the new pigtail wires. Simply tugging on the wiring harness in various spots further away from the sensor was how I located it. So obvious now, but took awhile to figure out.

Old 01-08-2022, 12:50 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 74 Likes on 67 Posts

By the way, as a Democrat, I loved the headline