Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

15" steel wheels (IL)

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 09:38 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 15" steel wheels (IL)

Good morning all -- newbie here, and though I don't have a Rover (rather, I settled for an old Cherokee -- sigh...), I ran across a set of steel Rover rims in excellent shape locally and thought someone here might be interested. These were at a rural garage sale, of all places, and I had hoped they'd fit my Jeep. As soon as I saw them, though, I realized they were far too big of a bolt pattern.

Anyway, the old fellow selling them said they were his grandson's, who drove a Land Rover. They appear to be takeoffs, or perhaps brand new and never even used. The are this style wheel:

http://www.okoffroad.com/stuff-wheel-lr.htm

They are stamped as follows:

MADE IN USA 15 X 8 WIDE JJ DOT CT&W 9 13 2007

The "&" symbol is difficult to read -- it may not be "&" at all, but I can't make it out if that's the case. Sorry!

"6-01" is also stamped on the seating face (behind the lug holes). I measure the backspacing at just over 4" (by laying the rim flat on the pavement and sticking a tape measure through 'til it hits the ground, then measuring up to the seating surface). I also measure the bolt pattern to be roughly 5 x 6.5" (by using the following technique to measure 5-bolt wheels: http://www.mrt-wheels.com/boltpattern.html)

They are in east central IL, and I suppose I could ship them if someone were inclined to include a few $ for my trouble, but local pickup would be strongly preferred. I get to the St Louis area about once a month and could deliver if need be, and Chicago or Indy aren't far from me if someone were interested in picking them up.

Anyone need a nice set of wheels? Hope these will help someone out!