Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

98 Disco Project for sale or trade

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 08:07 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jull
Would you be willing to sell the lift kit separately?
When I get my hands on another operational Discovery, then I will consider parting this Disco out, lift kit and any other parts on it!
Just need to get a set of wheels to replace this one first.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:27 AM
Banned
Smile Update::

Finally installed the replacement power steering hose. Repaired the leaking fuel line, got the replacement fuel filter installed, got the passenger side blinker fixed and the headlights have been sealed in place. Still waiting for the rear driveshaft to come in the mail though. And Im saving up for 5 all new all terrain tires.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:21 PM
Mudding

I'm so confused by you my man. Why would you keep putting money into a vehicle you don't want?

Old 04-23-2011, 04:19 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me too. Maybe he changed his mind in selling the truck :-)

Old 04-23-2011, 11:40 AM
Banned

Looks like this went way over someones head ah?

Bought this truck back in December for a fair price. Got it registered - the hole nine yeards. Needs work in order to stay on the road. At first I was discuraged and just wanted to sell it and start all over with another replacement Disco. But selling this truck wont happen in this economy and its my only set of wheels so instead of complaining about it I'm taking on the task of fixing her all up, so that I can keep driving her. Im taking Spikes advice on this one: "Start from the bottom and work my way up". The longer I keep the truck the more work will get done. Eventually it will be like a new truck! unless I find a decent buyer and a suitable Disco II to replace her that is. In the mean time Ill keep an active post for the sale of my truck. "Love it or hate it".

Waste of money? Nah - any vehicle you buy for under $5000 needs work time and money put into it one way or another, some just worse than others. Besides I look forward to all the first hand knowledge I'm gaining from working on this Disco. Every new issue on a Disco turns into an exciting frustrating adventure. In the end I look back and just smile at her!

Old 04-26-2011, 10:53 PM
Mudding

Not my point shadow, but its all good you do what makes you happy. Just bear in mind that every buck you put into that disco won't make it worth 1 buck more and will take you in the opposite direction of getting a d2. I was all for fixing it from jump street johnny thats why I didn't get this thread.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:45 AM
Banned

Well if i cant sell it and I need a good disco than I have only one choice: Fix her up and kepp her and like her! Ill hold off on the Disco 2 for now. Perhaps its like Spike says: Ill take a Disco 2 when it comes to me at the right time. In the mean time Ill keep working on my disco and learn as much as possible.

PS: POwer steering gearbox being rebuild lol