Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Buyer Beware: Marty/Drillbit/Overland Rovers/ky_scrap

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 03:36 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buyer Beware: Marty/Drillbit/Overland Rovers/ky_scrap

Marty resolved the problem after posting on here; I would be willing to try and do business with him again if the opportunity arises.

Always use PayPal in arms-length transactions and be sure to mind the 45 day dispute limitation.

Last edited by meetzejt; 10-08-2013 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Problem resolved after posting.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:40 PM
5th Gear

Problem Resolved.

Last edited by meetzejt; 10-08-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sucks. He has been great when I have delt with him.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by CUpgt
He has been great when I have delt with him.
Me too. I even bought an entire drivers seat once. He probably only made a few bucks after shipping.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,589 Likes on 1,305 Posts

Originally Posted by meetzejt
Update: As of 6:00 PM on 10/7/13 I received a $200 refund. I am still waiting on another $175 ($425 - $200 refund - $50 glass = $175 outstanding).

Again, I'll happily delete this as well as the other posts once this is satisfied.

So are you doing this as a warning to others or blackmail for the refund? To me when you put something like that in your posts it sounds more like blackmail.

If it's for the warning to others than the post should stay and you should post the resolution to the dispute.

If it's for blackmail you should delete the post now.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Mudding

It's not blackmail if the guy took his money and then lied multiple times and then started ducking his calls. What the OP is writing here is no different than writing a letter to the BBB or a review on Amazon or Angie's list. If someone is going to represent themselves as a parts supplier then they need to have parts to supply, not just take money and hope they can find said parts in a local boneyard to send out and turn for a profit.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator

I agree it's not good business on Marty's part at all.

I wouldn't have had any issue with it though if he didn't put that statement in there. Without that it's a buyer beware, with that it's being used as leverage and that is where I see the problem. It's not a buyer beware to the community if it's just leverage that goes away once he gets what he wants. It serves no warning to others than.

So if the goal is a warning for others he should edit out that part, my 2 cents.

Last edited by ArmyRover; 10-07-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
I agree it's not good business on Marty's part at all.

I wouldn't have had any issue with it though if he didn't put that statement in there. Without that it's a buyer beware, with that it's being used as leverage and that is where I see the problem. It's not a buyer beware to the community if it's just leverage that goes away once he gets what he wants. It serves no warning to others than.

So if the goal is a warning for others he should edit out that part, my 2 cents.
What statement Bill, the "I received money" part? If that's what you're referring to I believe it's because he posted up on DWeb about it and then Marty refunded him partially. Not that I agree with any of this, I like Marty and he's always done right by me.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

SCOUNDRELS.......THE WHOLE BUNCH, OF YOU!
I don't know this Marty character, but it looks like he tried to duck an obligation....
This guy is doing what he can, to not get ripped off. good on him. I can't see a better way to get the word out, to Marty or whomever.
Those sellers use the forums for drumming up business, only makes sense that they are held accountable through the forums, as well.
imo this post should be bumped to top of the line until the wrong is made right.

peace and love, peace and love

Old 10-07-2013, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
What statement Bill, the "I received money" part? If that's what you're referring to I believe it's because he posted up on DWeb about it and then Marty refunded him partially. Not that I agree with any of this, I like Marty and he's always done right by me.
Zach this part,

Originally Posted by meetzejt
Again, I'll happily delete this as well as the other posts once this is satisfied.
That is the problem I have with it, if this wasn't in there I wouldn't have said a thing, I've never bought from Marty. If its a warning to others than the thread to should stay, why offer to delete it other than to force Marty to cough up money to get rid of the thread.

Quick Reply: Buyer Beware: Marty/Drillbit/Overland Rovers/ky_scrap