Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Parting '96 DI SE7

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 02:21 PM
TReK
Received 163 Likes on 137 Posts
Default Parting '96 DI SE7

Epsom Green, Bahamas Beige with rear a/c. New tires on Freestyle wheels. Lots of new parts. I'll post more info as I get a chance to review the truck.

Old 12-15-2014, 06:25 PM
TReK

Genuine Land Rover mats, front, rear and cargo area in great shape. The two front seats are in very good condition. The leather has no cracks or tears with minimal wear. New BF Goodrich Long Trails on Freestyles (probably less than a couple of thousand miles on the rubber). Good, running 4.0L, good transmission, good transfer case with linkage.

The main problem with this truck was the rust on the body and lots of dings and scraps. It's a shame. From 20 feet it looks pretty good. The interior is really clean.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:23 AM
TReK

The engine checks out great. Transmission and transfer case work as they should. This one was a good runner.

Old 12-20-2014, 10:39 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What condition are the cylinder heads in? Where are you located?

Old 12-21-2014, 04:46 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Paul, how is the driver's side seat plinth & console on this one? I'm still looking...

Old 12-21-2014, 09:11 PM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Paul Grant
Epsom Green, Bahamas Beige with rear a/c. New tires on Freestyle wheels. Lots of new parts. I'll post more info as I get a chance to review the truck.
I'm interested in the seats and some interior bits, can you email me at liv2rev@gmail.com

Old 12-22-2014, 07:28 AM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Interested in the carpets. I could even come down and pick them up

Old 12-22-2014, 08:33 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by christiansmith6
What condition are the cylinder heads in? Where are you located?
My location is at the top of every one of my posts. Where are you located.

As far as the heads are concerned, The engine is being sold whole. It is in too nice a condition to just sell the heads.

Old 12-22-2014, 08:47 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by wrongway1
Hey Paul, how is the driver's side seat plinth & console on this one? I'm still looking...
The console is very good. There are no cracks inside the cubby where the two screws secure the console in place. The same is true of the two mounts ahead of the transfer case shift cutout. This one did have power seats and I can't remember if you were looking for a console for a manual seat application. I won't have much of a chance to pull many parts before the holiday but I will post pictures of the console as soon as I get a chance.

The plinth is ash grey and has the normal cracks around the two mounting screws up front on the floor. Otherwise, it's solid and includes the inspection hatch.

Old 12-22-2014, 08:50 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by FantomRover
Interested in the carpets. I could even come down and pick them up
I just pulled the rubber mat from the front driverside and there is some rust discoloration but nothing terrible. I will be pulling the entire interior on Friday and can send pictures at that time. In the meanwhile, aside from some minor discoloration that would be concealed by any mat, rubber or fabric, the carpets appear to be in very good condition.

Keep in mind I have a full set, front, rear and cargo area, of genuine rubber mats if you're interested. Almost no visible wear on the front drivers mat.

Quick Reply: Parting '96 DI SE7