Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

WTB: Discovery II

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 12:11 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: Discovery II

I am located in Miami, FL and looking to buy a DII since all the ones I have seen around the area have apparently never maintained.

As a college student my budget is ~$4,000 so if anyone has a DII for that price that has been maintained I would really appreciate it!

I would not mind driving it down but I would have to work something out whether it is plane or train to be able to have enough gas money to drive back!

Thank you.

-Luis H.

Old 09-09-2011, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

Notes:

In the Discovery 1 part of the forum, you will find a tech section at the top, inside is a listing for things to look for when buying Disco, also comparison of D1 and D2.

You might also consider www.statewidelist.com, which will seach all of craigs list for "Rover", in your price boundaries, for one state, and provide the list in city sequence. Over 50 in your state alone, $1-$4 k.

Previous owner service practices vary widely in both scope and frequency.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:26 PM
Overlanding

Oh sweet, thanks man. I will definitely look at that site!

Old 09-09-2011, 11:14 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

Good to see you have already looked at several, and decided them to be under-maintained. That way you at least have an idea of what NOT to buy.

The other week, I waved at a couple in a LR3 with temp tags at a stoplight. They rolled down their window and asked what year mine was, and if I liked it. The light then changed, and I told them to pull over somewhere for further discussion. They were looking to buy it from a local dealer, and asked how I like my D2. I said there seem to be two types of Land Rover owners: those who love the vehicle, and maintain it almost religiously, and those who neglect it terribly, and trade/sell it when the problems become too great because of neglect.

I told them of things to watch for, from what I have learned of LR3s from this site, and to make sure to join this site if they decide to buy it. The dealer no longer hasn't re posted it on CL, so I hope to see them on here eventually!

I lurked on this site for several months before I bought my D2, and the knowledge gained was priceless!

Old 09-12-2011, 10:39 AM
1st Gear

Hey, saw your post. I have a 2000 Disco II for sale. The truck has been regularly maintained and has 138k with no lights on the dash. I am in Michigan and I am asking 3000 obo. If interested please reply for pics and further details. Thanks.