Retired - Private 'Wanted' Classifieds Looking for something to buy from a vendor or a private owner?

WTB: 04 Disco HSE7

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2020, 06:37 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default WTB: 04 Disco HSE7

Looking for a hard loaded 04 Disco HSE7. Had an opportunity to buy one a few years back with every option and have regretted it ever since. Looking for a real clean one do not want to get into interior work (headliner sagging is ok) and not wanting any rust or have to do paintwork. Understand that i might have to do some bumper repair due to the plastic giving out. I want the air suspension in tact even if it isn't functioning at the moment. Non Smoker. I am in Austin, TX but do not mind traveling for the right deal. If someone has one and is willing to be pried from it shoot me a pm. Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Thanks Guys,
John in Texas

Old 06-29-2020, 12:58 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi John,

I've got a 2004 SE7 that I've owned since new. Interior is good other than some stitching on the driver's seat bottom. Has 102k miles on it, but only about 30k on a new dealer installed engine with the British Atlantic block -- had the slipping piston sleeves that killed the old engine. Just replaced the steering box and drive shaft last year. Mechanically sound, but the power steering pump is starting to whine. And, the three amigos lights come on at random. Is an SE7 Trail IV Edition with 3rd row seats etc. Mostly been babied it's whole life. Just put on some General Grabber AT2 tires last year that I've maybe put 1500 miles on.

Paint is good on the sides, doors etc, terrible on hood and roof. No rust but paint on both is totally sun-damaged, so you'd have to paint those areas or wrap the roof and hood.

I can text or email you some pics and the original window sticker if you like. Email me at chris at cogbox.com.

Cheers,
Chris