ROAMING WITH FRIENDS Make friends, socialize, share pics and other non technical threads.

Michigan LR Club

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 04:36 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,160 Likes on 836 Posts
Default Michigan LR Club

Would there be any interest?

Anyone interested in starting a club/group; to get together for outings and such? Just a club/group, where like minded folks can get together and have trail rides or cook outs. No committee members, dues or rules (besides wanting to have fun). Ohio and Chicago seem to have active clubs...so, why doesn't Michigan with all of its stateland, 4-wheeling opportunities and beautiful resources?

If you think you would like to take part...let me know.

Brian.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:21 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 224 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by The Deputy
Would there be any interest?

Anyone interested in starting a club/group; to get together for outings and such? Just a club/group, where like minded folks can get together and have trail rides or cook outs. No committee members, dues or rules (besides wanting to have fun). Ohio and Chicago seem to have active clubs...so, why doesn't Michigan with all of its stateland, 4-wheeling opportunities and beautiful resources?

If you think you would like to take part...let me know.

Brian.
They used to have a club/clubs, just like Wisconsin did. For whatever reason they petered out.
Facebook is a good way too keep things casual and keep people talking.

Name:  Screenshot_20170406-221840_zps8v4nzh6b.png
Views: 671
Size:  122.9 KB

Old 04-07-2017, 04:29 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by fishEH
They used to have a club/clubs, just like Wisconsin did. For whatever reason they petered out.
Facebook is a good way too keep things casual and keep people talking.

Thank you. I'd done some searches, regarding both of those organizations before, and found nothing active. I'll research the facebook idea, and starting a group like the Ohio group has.

Just throwing out the idea here to see what may pop up.

Thanks, again.

Brian.

Old 04-12-2017, 06:50 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

It appears we 'Michiganders' are somewhat boring individuals If you do get a group together, please let me know. I'd entertain the idea if I know my Rover will make it out of the woods!

It's nice to see signs of Spring here. Gives me a little pep to my step

Old 04-14-2017, 06:10 AM
Camel Trophy

Surely will. I'm hoping we see a bit more action here soon. Funny, the Ohio folks have quite the group/interest. They're actually having an event in Grayling July 14th/16th, and was hoping to tag along...but remembered I have a car event in Pittsburgh that same weekend...darn it.

But, while I was down to Eric Brown's place in Ohio (4X4 Trailhead)...he's active in their group and mentioned they may try to throw something together this fall...and said just keep an eye on the Ohio Green Oval Facebook page.

Brian.

Old 05-10-2017, 09:34 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a Discovery for sale if you know of a good home I have it on Craiglist @
http://nmi.craigslist.org/cto/6121251305.html car is located just outside Boyne City
just south of Petoskey. Thanks John 231 459 6074.

Old 05-13-2017, 11:26 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

Nice D1 there John. Cruise control is an easy fix........ free up the rotor on the vacuum pump and replace the rotted vacuum line to the diaphragm.

Old 07-08-2017, 03:03 PM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A Michigan LR club might give me an excuse to get out of the garage for a change. I've thought about joining a local British Car Club, but that's not quite the answer that I'm looking for. Let me know if anything comes of the idea.

Old 07-16-2017, 03:36 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by Steve517
A Michigan LR club might give me an excuse to get out of the garage for a change. I've thought about joining a local British Car Club, but that's not quite the answer that I'm looking for. Let me know if anything comes of the idea.
Will do. Down at the PVGP event in Pittsburgh at the moment, but l'd like to see if we could start some interest in Michigan...and put together an outing soon.

Brian.

Last edited by The Deputy; 07-16-2017 at 03:52 PM.
Old 12-17-2017, 08:08 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 294 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by The Deputy
Will do. Down at the PVGP event in Pittsburgh at the moment, but l'd like to see if we could start some interest in Michigan...and put together an outing soon.

Brian.
I’m only 20 minutes across the border from Detroit, if you guys get anything going I’d be in for sure. I used to go to snoblind up in rose city Michigan and always had a blast.

Quick Reply: Michigan LR Club