ROAMING WITH FRIENDS Make friends, socialize, share pics and other non technical threads.

Washington State - Offroading

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 04:43 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 228 Likes on 181 Posts
Default Washington State - Offroading

All - I am going to start posting a list of trails that I have stolen from the NWJeeps site.

Washington Trails

My goal is to start getting interest and schedule some day and weekend trips starting in late March early April.

I will try and do a scouting trip prior to the meet so I can gauge the conditions of the trail and provide a heads up of the gear you will need. Please use this thread as a means to subscribe if you would like to keep updated. I REFUSE to use Facebook so this and email will be my means of communications as well as IM from this site.

Outside of the list below, I am always up for a quick trip and know a few good locations with fantastic views.

1. Cle Elum Valley - Late March depending on snow levels
2. Manastach Ridge - April depending on snow levels
3. Liberty - May
4. Naches Pass - June

The following users liked this post:
TabSea (01-29-2019)
Old 01-26-2019, 06:29 PM
TReK
Received 503 Likes on 418 Posts

Thanks for this! I'll keep an eye here.

I occasionally have weekends off but none off until April, I'm good on weekdays though.

I plan to finally get some legs of the WABDR in this summer, I think that is mostly June or later depending on snow conditions.

Old 01-29-2019, 05:31 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice work. I hope I can make some of these. Let me know if I can help. I have some map apps that I really like that helps me plan the trips I take.

Old 01-30-2019, 08:43 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by 206dawgfan
Nice work. I hope I can make some of these. Let me know if I can help. I have some map apps that I really like that helps me plan the trips I take.
Posting locations helps out a lot. As we get closer to a meet, we can coordinate who is coming and what gear do they have.

Old 02-19-2019, 02:52 AM
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Last year, I took a road trip in my 00 D2 from Vancouver Island to Washington State after landing in Port Angeles. In particular, Vashon Island meeting up with a friend and off to Ocean Park/Long Beach on that sandy highway. Many great spots to park and have lunch...surf on one side, dunes on the other. Do low gear and not travelling fast, you are good to go.

Old 03-03-2019, 09:21 AM
Pro Wrench

All that are following this thread, planning on a scouting trip March 9th or 10th. I want to get an idea of what the snow levels are like in Cle Elum Valley area. Depending on the results, I may schedule a meet up late March.

Old 03-03-2019, 09:19 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish I could join ya. March is busy as heck for my wife and I. I am very interested in how much snow is on the ground up there. Happy scouting.

Old 03-05-2019, 10:26 PM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If there's anyone out in Walla Walla area or eastern washington i'm always down to scout trails or go up into the blue hills/mountains.

Old 03-06-2019, 12:20 PM
TReK
Received 503 Likes on 418 Posts

Finally edited and posted a video taken up the Middle Fork of the Snoqualmie river right before the big snows came. Late January the unimproved section of road between the campground and the end of the road at the trailheads to Alpine Lakes and the hot springs.

Old 03-06-2019, 09:38 PM
Mudding
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave03S
Finally edited and posted a video taken up the Middle Fork of the Snoqualmie river right before the big snows came. Late January the unimproved section of road between the campground and the end of the road at the trailheads to Alpine Lakes and the hot springs.

https://youtu.be/Uw9_2D116Ug

@Dave03S nice video! My fiancé and I just moved to Seattle and we are looking to take our LR3 out. How far is this from Seattle and how do you get to the Middle Fork of the Snoqualmie? Thanks!!

Quick Reply: Washington State - Offroading