ROAMING WITH FRIENDS Make friends, socialize, share pics and other non technical threads.

Washington State - Offroading

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 10:18 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 228 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by mtaylo32

@Dave03S nice video! My fiancé and I just moved to Seattle and we are looking to take our LR3 out. How far is this from Seattle and how do you get to the Middle Fork of the Snoqualmie? Thanks!!
it is about 5 miles from my house. *I was there on Sunday. *PM me your contact information and we can plan a trip*

Old 03-07-2019, 12:12 AM
TReK
Received 503 Likes on 418 Posts

Thanks! How was the snow up there Sunday? This is the same place the hippy millennial family got stuck overnight in their Toyota with a 3 year old while they were hiking in two or three feet of snow a few weeks back... A snow machine with tracks had to go in and rescue them... The road begins at the east exit to North Bend just off I90, around 37 miles east of downtown Seattle.

Last edited by Dave03S; 03-07-2019 at 12:15 AM.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:05 AM
Mudding
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave03S
Thanks! How was the snow up there Sunday? This is the same place the hippy millennial family got stuck overnight in their Toyota with a 3 year old while they were hiking in two or three feet of snow a few weeks back... A snow machine with tracks had to go in and rescue them... The road begins at the east exit to North Bend just off I90, around 37 miles east of downtown Seattle.

Thanks for the awesome info! We’ll definitely be checking this area out. Is there any need for equipment or will a stock LR3 with some A/T’s be alright? Discovery Pass?

Old 03-07-2019, 08:39 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Dave03S
On Sunday I went to exit 38 and quickly got high centered due to depth of snow and how wet it was. After digging out and a gentle assist from a Jeep, I went down to Middle Fork, I figured the lower elevation would equal less snow depth.

I got to the second bridge at Middle Fork and turned around because the road was compact snow and ice and the ruts were getting deep enough to scrap on my diffs. Since I was by myself, I called it a day.

I did have to rescue some people in a car and tow them up a hill.

Old 03-14-2019, 04:28 PM
Pro Wrench

All - just a quick update, I will be heading towards Cle Elum this weekend and checking on the snow levels along the way. Depending on depth of snow (anyone in the area please chime in) I will try to get a meet scheduled on March 31st.

Old 03-16-2019, 01:12 PM
Pro Wrench

UPDATE

I went to south Cle Elum this morning and the trails are still closed to non snowmobile vehicles
Exit 38, the snow is soft and the trail is deeply rutted, I would not try this unless you have at least a 2" lift

Old 03-17-2019, 07:23 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Friday Night Disco
UPDATE

I went to south Cle Elum this morning and the trails are still closed to non snowmobile vehicles
Exit 38, the snow is soft and the trail is deeply rutted, I would not try this unless you have at least a 2" lift
A little more of this sunshine and all the trails will be back. Nice job getting out there. I am planning a trip in May to Naches area off of 410. I would follow up with a topic post once I get a plan in place.

Old 03-17-2019, 08:40 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by 206dawgfan
A little more of this sunshine and all the trails will be back. Nice job getting out there. I am planning a trip in May to Naches area off of 410. I would follow up with a topic post once I get a plan in place.

sounds great!! I will keep an eye out for the topic

Old 03-25-2019, 09:49 AM
Pro Wrench

UPDATE

I checked the snow levels off I-90 at exit 38 yesterday, I got to where Iron Horse trail crosses the road and the snow depth looked good but, the snow was very wet. Since I didn't bring my shovels, I decided not to chance it and turned around.

I will be planning a drive out to North Fork this weekend just to get some fresh air if anyone is interested

Old 04-07-2019, 01:46 PM
Pro Wrench

UPDATE

There was about 2 inches of snowfall last night in the mountains.

Every thing east of exit 38 is still closed.

Exit 38 - I got a few miles back and ran into some deep snow, however, I suspect it should be manageable next weekend. As far as anything east of exit 38, I think we have at least another month

Quick Reply: Washington State - Offroading