Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   ROAMING WITH FRIENDS (https://landroverforums.com/forum/roaming-friends-6/)
-   -   Washington State - Offroading (https://landroverforums.com/forum/roaming-friends-6/washington-state-offroading-93191/)

Friday Night Disco 01-26-2019 04:43 PM

Washington State - Offroading

All - I am going to start posting a list of trails that I have stolen from the NWJeeps site.

Washington Trails

My goal is to start getting interest and schedule some day and weekend trips starting in late March early April.

I will try and do a scouting trip prior to the meet so I can gauge the conditions of the trail and provide a heads up of the gear you will need. Please use this thread as a means to subscribe if you would like to keep updated. I REFUSE to use Facebook so this and email will be my means of communications as well as IM from this site.

Outside of the list below, I am always up for a quick trip and know a few good locations with fantastic views.

1. Cle Elum Valley - Late March depending on snow levels
2. Manastach Ridge - April depending on snow levels
3. Liberty - May
4. Naches Pass - June

Dave03S 01-26-2019 06:29 PM

Thanks for this! I'll keep an eye here.

I occasionally have weekends off but none off until April, I'm good on weekdays though.

I plan to finally get some legs of the WABDR in this summer, I think that is mostly June or later depending on snow conditions.

206dawgfan 01-29-2019 05:31 PM

Nice work. I hope I can make some of these. Let me know if I can help. I have some map apps that I really like that helps me plan the trips I take.

Friday Night Disco 01-30-2019 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by 206dawgfan (Post 678371)
Nice work. I hope I can make some of these. Let me know if I can help. I have some map apps that I really like that helps me plan the trips I take.

Posting locations helps out a lot. As we get closer to a meet, we can coordinate who is coming and what gear do they have.

JoJo The Giraffe 02-19-2019 02:52 AM

Last year, I took a road trip in my 00 D2 from Vancouver Island to Washington State after landing in Port Angeles. In particular, Vashon Island meeting up with a friend and off to Ocean Park/Long Beach on that sandy highway. Many great spots to park and have lunch...surf on one side, dunes on the other. Do low gear and not travelling fast, you are good to go.

Friday Night Disco 03-03-2019 09:21 AM

All that are following this thread, planning on a scouting trip March 9th or 10th. I want to get an idea of what the snow levels are like in Cle Elum Valley area. Depending on the results, I may schedule a meet up late March.

206dawgfan 03-03-2019 09:19 PM

Wish I could join ya. March is busy as heck for my wife and I. I am very interested in how much snow is on the ground up there. Happy scouting. :thumbsup:

AndyInTheLandy 03-05-2019 10:26 PM

If there's anyone out in Walla Walla area or eastern washington i'm always down to scout trails or go up into the blue hills/mountains.

Dave03S 03-06-2019 12:20 PM

Finally edited and posted a video taken up the Middle Fork of the Snoqualmie river right before the big snows came. Late January the unimproved section of road between the campground and the end of the road at the trailheads to Alpine Lakes and the hot springs.

mtaylo32 03-06-2019 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Dave03S (Post 682851)
Finally edited and posted a video taken up the Middle Fork of the Snoqualmie river right before the big snows came. Late January the unimproved section of road between the campground and the end of the road at the trailheads to Alpine Lakes and the hot springs.

https://youtu.be/Uw9_2D116Ug

@Dave03S nice video! My fiancé and I just moved to Seattle and we are looking to take our LR3 out. How far is this from Seattle and how do you get to the Middle Fork of the Snoqualmie? Thanks!!