Tires What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Skinnies!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 09:17 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skinnies!

Hello all, it's about that time of year for new tires. Luckily, I convinced my wife that steel rims and skinny tires are the way to go to increase gas mileage lol! Anyways, I found 16x8 rims but I am not to educated on reading tire sizes. I would like to keep the stock tire height so the Speedo won't be wrong but still get that awesome overland look LRs are supposed to have.
thanks!

Old 03-30-2018, 02:53 PM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eskiltell
Hello all, it's about that time of year for new tires. Luckily, I convinced my wife that steel rims and skinny tires are the way to go to increase gas mileage lol! Anyways, I found 16x8 rims but I am not to educated on reading tire sizes. I would like to keep the stock tire height so the Speedo won't be wrong but still get that awesome overland look LRs are supposed to have.
thanks!
If you plan on keeping the stock tire height, you likely do not want to go with an 8 inch wide rim. You could run a 235/85/r16 tire (i am told) on the stock springs but it would be taller however. The optimum rim width even for this tall skinny tire is less then 8 inches wide.

Old 03-30-2018, 03:48 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 129 Likes on 118 Posts

get 16 x 7.5 wheels instead