Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Trail Tailor (https://landroverforums.com/forum/trail-tailor-53/)
-   -   RTT Group Buy (https://landroverforums.com/forum/trail-tailor-53/rtt-group-buy-86199/)

Trail-Tailor 09-25-2017 12:14 AM

RTT Group Buy

I will be placing a stocking order for RTTs and awnings in about 3 weeks from my Taiwan/China supplier. I'll be taking 10 tents and a few awnings for Trail Tailor inventory.

So, if you guys want to get a GB together I can get everyone a little better price as well.

These will have to be made and then sea freight shipped. I have one of the tents and a batwing 270 degree awning and the quality is very nice. I'm waiting to see when the tents could be finished and shipped right now.

Here is the extended 2-3 person tent I have which is the same size as the ARB Simpson III.

Grey on grey and Dark brown on Khaki (like pictured) would be the two colors available.

I upgrade these so they have HD stainless steel hinges and a 3" thick mattress.

Jason

https://forum.ih8mud.com/attachments...3-jpg.1543460/

Trail-Tailor 09-26-2017 07:22 PM

7 Attachment(s)
I've upgrade a few things for these tents. I feel others are lacking and I've had issues in the past in a couple of areas. I'm a bigger guy (6-3 and 250ish) and a 2" mattress sucks!

Upgrades
1) 1" vs. 5/8" tube frames
2) Aluminum and stainless hinges and hardware
3) 3" mattress vs. std 2" or 2.5" mattress
4) 280 gram poly/ 600D ripstop fabric vs. 260 gram poly/ 420D

SPECS:

Base- Aluminum sheets and insulated foam
Stitching- double stitch seams
Ladder- sliding telescoping aluminum ladder w/ 3 adjustments
Vents- Velcro vents for extra circulation
Zippers- SBS heavy duty zippers
Hinges/Hardware- Aluminum and stainless steel
Rainfly Fabric: 600D Waterproof Polyester
Body Fabric- High Quality 280 gram/ 600D Rip-Stop waterproof poly-cotton
Mosquito screens- see through mesh
Mattress: High density foam 3" thick
Internal Frame: 1"O.D. aluminum tube
Frame- Aluminum
Stainless spring steel rods and copper eyelets
Base Construction: Welded aluminum square tube and aluminum anti-scratch sheet
Travel Cover: 1000D Heavy duty vinyl- black

So, these would be 890.00 for the extended entrance tent plus shipping and 830.00 for the standard tent plus shipping. Shipping will be actual cost from Redding, CA to buyer.

Coffee/dark brown on Khaki will be the only offering as I have to buy 10 of each color for the pricing.

2M awnings-- 200.00 plus actual shipping
Batwing/ 270 degree awnings 390.00 plus actual shipping
Annex for extended 130.00 plus actual shipping
Annex for std 110.00 plus actual shipping

Tent Shipping: +/- 20.00
Shipping from CA to CO will be ~ 190.00
Shipping from CA east of CO~ 250.00

Awning Shipping: +/- 8.00
Shipping from CA to CO will be ~39.00
Shipping from CA east of CO ~45.00

Annex Shipping
12.00 extra to any RTT price.

Group buy will end October 8th. This will allow the tents to be built to the custom specs and delivered to me in California by Mid-Deccember.

I require a 50% deposit and the balance plus actual shipping cost paid before the tent ships.

PM me for more details or if you'd like to join in on the buy.

Jason

Sixpack577 09-26-2017 10:48 PM

Will that work on a D2?
Is a roof rack required, or does the tent floor connect to specific vehicles?
Thank you

Trail-Tailor 09-26-2017 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Sixpack577 (Post 620854)
Will that work on a D2?
Is a roof rack required, or does the tent floor connect to specific vehicles?
Thank you

You can use Yakima or similar crossbars and then bolt the tent to the bars. A roof rack is nice but not necessary.

Jason

Trail-Tailor 09-26-2017 11:03 PM

8 Attachment(s)
More pics

Trail-Tailor 09-28-2017 12:24 AM

8 spots left on the tent group buy.

J

Icannap1 09-28-2017 02:56 AM

What are the dimensions for the bat wing awning and do you have pictures of that?

diesel power 09-28-2017 12:33 PM

Looks just like these. looks like they sell them to rover guys too.

Wraptor 2000 - Overland Pros

Wraptor 2500 - Overland Pros

Originally Posted by Icannap1 (Post 620951)
What are the dimensions for the bat wing awning and do you have pictures of that?

Trail-Tailor 09-28-2017 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by diesel power (Post 620993)

The tents/awnings from Trail Tailor, Tepui, ARB Simpson, Eezi-Awn, Cascadia and even these all have a similar exterior look. I have no doubt there are 10-25 others, if not more, that look similar as well.

The devil is in the internal details, assembly practices of the tent builders and the customer service once a tent is in the hands of a customer. That is where I can say mine are different. I have actually been to the builders facility overseas and they are a full time tent shop. I've worked with the same people for almost 2 years, 6 orders and over 200 pieces. I order and ship direct to 2 clients in South Africa and the Middle East (Dubai) now as well. None with any reported manufacturing issues/defects.

Most of the tent/awning builders overseas hire in assemblers based on orders and offer them bonuses to get an order out within a time frame. THIS IS NOT WHERE YOU WANT YOUR TENT TO COME FROM... My builders have had less than a 5% turnover in staff in two years.

I've not seen or used one of ones you linked, so all I can say is the exterior looks similar, just different color and logo.... They may be a great product, with terrible customer service, or a terrible tent with great customer service, or a combination of the two or four... I don't know. Hopefully its a great product and great service.

I've sold several of my tents/awnings, with customers in 8 countries and the only issues to date was due to 2 tents on the same order/pallet to Dubai that were damaged in transit by the shipper. I pay extra for additional packaging materials, HD shrink wrap and custom size pallets for these tents to keep them as safe as possible between the manufacturer and your front door.

I will tell you that after all things (fees, costs and upgrades) the GB price yields me about 108.00 profit per tent and maybe 54.00 per awning. The group buy portion is to help a few people out that want a higher quality product without having to pay a name brand price. I sell most of my tents outside the US and to add-on option customers that buy a custom rack from me.

Thanks,

J

Trail-Tailor 09-28-2017 07:53 PM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Icannap1 (Post 620951)

The Batwing awning starts as a 2M (~78" x 78") unit and opens out, around one side and to the back of the rig.

Here are few pic of what it would look like with walls.

J