Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

using stock amp with amp integration harness

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 08:04 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default using stock amp with amp integration harness

i bought an aftermarket deck to install in a 1998 range rover. there is a stock deck running all the speakers. i bought a wire harness and it came with an amp integration harness which has 4 rca connectors on it. i connected it to my deck and hooked up the remote wire of the stock amp to the remote from my new deck. when i turn it on there ismusic comingoutbut there is also a very loud high pitched humming sound that i cant get rid of. any suggestions?

Old 05-03-2007, 02:22 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: using stock amp with amp integration harness

the problem seems to be that when i try to manually turn on the stock amp using the remotewire coming off itthere is some sort of feedback or interference and i get this high pitched sound on my speakers even if the deck and car are both off.

Old 05-03-2007, 02:28 PM
Mudding

try a noise filter if that does not work then you might have to run it with the amp and it is pretty easy to no the door is were the amp are locted at each door has one and go out and buy a new amp you will have a amp sound

Old 05-04-2007, 06:41 PM
4th Gear

i tried a noise filter and it didnt change anything. how can i bypass the amp and wire the speakers directly to the new deck, i guess this amp integration kit was a waste.