Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

JFINTEXAS Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 01:37 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeff Blake
How are you liking the Expedition rack? I have the standard, and am trying to sell it and go rackless for awhile. If I come back to a rack, I think I'd go with the expedition as you have, or maybe a front-runner.

They sent it to you in a UPS truck? I had to meet a Freight truck somewhere on a main road and carry it home haha that was a long few hours.
I like the design but i haven't used it as I just mounted it about 2 hours ago. With my headliner out, won't be able to feel it on the highway for a few days.

As far as freight -- UPS brought it into the garage. Well, they wouldn't step into the garage but close enough ;-)

Old 02-19-2017, 03:04 PM
Mudding

Well, I wouldn't eat off of it, but it's pretty damn clean. Now the decision on paint.

Old 02-20-2017, 12:27 PM
Mudding

I went down to McKinney Pipe & Steel and one and a half hours later came away with this "gap skidplate" for the price of a carton of cigarettes for the guys. What a deal. Just need to remove the whole assembly now and get it powder-coated.

Old 02-21-2017, 03:52 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,160 Likes on 836 Posts

Originally Posted by jfintexas
Well, I wouldn't eat off of it, but it's pretty damn clean. Now the decision on paint.

My nephew took the headliner out of his truck and decoupaged old maps to the surface. Truth be told...it looked pretty cool. If I ever do something with mine, decoupage will be the route I take. I'll probably look for all different types of countries.

Brian.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:25 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by The Deputy
My nephew took the headliner out of his truck and decoupaged old maps to the surface. Truth be told...it looked pretty cool. If I ever do something with mine, decoupage will be the route I take. I'll probably look for all different types of countries.

Brian.
Brian, that sounds like a great idea! I've decided for now to just replace the material. I'm going with the black fabric this time, albeit a more dense one, as I like the contrast it creates and ties in with my black seats. If for some reason I need to replace it again, then the maps seem like a neat way to go.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:33 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by jfintexas
A buddy in Houston fab'd it for me. He'll make you one if you're interested. Let me know and I'll PM his info to you.
Yea pm me his info

Old 02-24-2017, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,662 Posts

Originally Posted by Luckyjayb
Yea pm me his info

I got my plain aluminum back panel this week. I just happened to be in Houston when he called me. Great guy! Now I just gotta figure out the configuration I'm going to go with on the panel.

Old 03-05-2017, 08:54 AM
Mudding

I finally got some time to get the headliner back in. Very happy with it. I decided to go fabric again, although it is a more durable fabric than stock. I also filled in the gaps in side panels and put a couple layers of duramat before replacing headliner. Really quieted the cabin down (alhough the roof rack added some wind noise). ;-)

Old 03-05-2017, 08:57 AM
Mudding

Next on list: 1) remove front skid plate and have it painted same color as wheels.
2) Install cross bar spacers from Rovertyme.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:17 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats,that turned out great!Well worth the hard work.

Quick Reply: JFINTEXAS Build Thread