Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A bunch of warning lights..what do they mean? Related?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 10:39 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A bunch of warning lights..what do they mean? Related?

Ok, I bought another 2000 discovery..and it has a bunch of warning lights on. I have the ABS failure, Traction Control failure, and a HDC failure light on. Can anyone tell me:

1. What are the common causes of these lights?
2. Is there anything that could cause all of these to come on at the same time? Are they related in any way?

Old 03-08-2007, 10:58 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: A bunch of warning lights..what do they mean? Related?

if you seach the site for the "Three Amigos" you will find related post from the past. This is a common problem with D-2's

Good Luck!

Old 03-09-2007, 02:36 AM
4th Gear

I have just picked up the same problem and having done a search and the answer is: There is no firm answer!

Old 03-09-2007, 02:46 AM
Overlanding

I wonder if a shot battery could cause these symptoms?

Old 12-09-2010, 01:09 AM
2nd Gear

I have the same issue wwith my RR 1998 all the warning lights are on They were like this when i bought the car. I did went to mechanic and they told me entire fuse box is burned so they changed the fuse box with a new one and still the same problem Changed all the Relays and still the same problem. I need some electrical help here guys Thanks for your time and consideration

Old 12-09-2010, 05:53 AM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig SA
I have just picked up the same problem and having done a search and the answer is: There is no firm answer!
Sure there is. Get an Amigo reader and pull the codes. Or go to the dealer and pay them about $200 to find out what's wrong.

Originally Posted by bonedoc
Yes, a weak battery can cause them to come on. You will need an Amigo reader to turn them off.

Eric

Old 12-09-2010, 06:28 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

i never heard of a weak battery causing the three amigos. a CEL or limp mode, yes but 3 amigos no. 3 amigos is more likely a hub, abs sensor or shuttle valve failure but could be as simple as brakes or brake dust.

Old 03-15-2017, 08:49 AM
4wd Low
Default Battery

Ok, I bought another 2000 discovery..and it has a bunch of warning lights on. I have the ABS failure, Traction Control failure, and a HDC failure light on. Can anyone tell me:

1. What are the common causes of these lights?
2. Is there anything that could cause all of these to come on at the same time? Are they related in any way?
I had the same issue when I bought my 2004 Disco. I swapped the battery out and cleared the codes. Low voltage. Fixed my Christmas tree. Good luck .

Old 03-15-2017, 03:34 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 111 Likes on 104 Posts

if it were only the battery, the "M/S" warning lamp would be flashing before anything else. the transmission can't run on a low battery. you have to use a fault code reader capable of interpreting the LR ABS codes. not just any old OBD-2 device will do it..

but that is where you must start; with the associated fault codes. it could be 1 or more of a dozen different things.

Old 03-15-2017, 04:01 PM
TReK
Received 199 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by LandGrover
I had the same issue when I bought my 2004 Disco. I swapped the battery out and cleared the codes. Low voltage. Fixed my Christmas tree. Good luck .
Please check the post. The OP wrote the post 9 years ago. Good that you were able to fix your problem. So many issues with battery with disco. Cheers

Quick Reply: A bunch of warning lights..what do they mean? Related?