Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Columbia Overland out of business or just terrible at business?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 10:11 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Columbia Overland out of business? *nope, updated*

ordered a dual battery tray over a month ago and have heard NOTHING. not just that, emails have gone unanswered, voice mails ignored. i actually did get a text back about missing my call, my reply text inquiring on my order has also been ignored. of course the charge on my ccard went through right away.

has anyone had communication or received items from them lately? i got a rear door steel panel a year or two ago which i have been very happy with (and told them so). totally ignoring me and not providing any eta is unacceptable however. i dont mind waiting but you have to tell me when to expect a product.

Last edited by nosup4u; 07-01-2014 at 06:09 AM. Reason: vendor responded
Old 06-20-2014, 06:50 PM
Winching
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

No idea but I would call the credit crd company and let them know that you need to challenge the charge and call fraud. If they(overland) are still operating the bank call for fraud will get them to activate. I runs small business and have ZERO tolerance for this behavior. **** happens but no communication needs to be dealt with quickly and with harsh ramifications.

Old 06-20-2014, 08:41 PM
Drifting

received a vm today explaining they are behind and when to expect the item. all i can ask for just frustrating how much effort it took for a repeat customer to get an eta. i at least am looking forward to receiving the product paid for.

Old 06-20-2014, 08:51 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I placed an order for a SS door panel about 7 weeks ago and still have not received it. About two weeks ago I called and they told me they were behind and that it would ship out within a week, but I still haven't gotten it. Repeat customer here as well.

Old 06-21-2014, 10:54 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I ordered an $1100 Transmission Valve Body from a company in Florida that had been in business for over 20 years with a good reputation. I could not get any answers, but when I'd check, they were selling Valve Bodies left and right for about two months. Come to find out, they didn't ship ANY of those Valve Bodies, and were collecting payments right before closing shop and going out of business.

If it was not in Florida, my brothers and myself would have gone and collected my money back in person (Plus Interest), but the flights would have canceled out any money lost. It's so frustrating when a company turns in to Crooks when things get tough.

I'm NOT saying that's what is happening here, but just keep on them...

Old 06-21-2014, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

supersport, that happens a lot. protection under bankruptcy gives sh!theads the ballz to become cons. its happened to me a couple of times. that collect in person thing, sounds like a good idea, until you are getting a chauffeured ride in a caged in back seat.
been there done that....with a 20lb sledgehammer.

Old 06-27-2014, 02:38 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWIW I just wanted to say that I received my order and it was packaged very well. Just wish there was more communication.

Old 06-27-2014, 02:44 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Sorry to hear about this. Please shoot me a message at Zack@Roversnorth.com if you think you're really out money. I talk to Alex often.

Old 06-27-2014, 06:20 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I was looking online at the Columbia Overland dual battery tray too and noticed that Lucky8 has it on their website... not sure if they stock them or just take orders for Columbia Overland, but thought I'd mention as an option for anyone else interested in the dual battery tray. I didn't notice (look) for any other Columbia Overland products being carried/sold by Lucky8...

I had actually added one to my cart on the Columbia Overland website, but didn't see where it allowed you to choose between 'painted black' and 'unfinished'... as I see pictures of it both ways?

Old 07-01-2014, 06:19 AM
Drifting

the vendor has been in touch with me and responded to my concerns. it seems they are going through some changes and their engineer and manufacturer were being switched during my order. as a result there were orders during that time frame that were stuck in limbo and basically on hold while that was sorted out.

they should be caught up any time now and start sending these products. to make up for their delays it was offered to refund the cost of the item and send the product anyway, to which i agreed. to clarify, they are NOT out of business, this was a temporary situation and things should be back to normal any time now.

Quick Reply: Columbia Overland out of business or just terrible at business?