Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crappy day!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 07:48 PM
TReK
Received 652 Likes on 559 Posts

Originally Posted by Luckyjayb
I'm sure since it was a bearmach one but hell by the time I try to deal with shipping and all, I'd be at a loss. I bit the bullet and got one from autozone even though it was outrageous but if it ever fails, it's got a lifetime warranty and they are local at least.

I hope the water pump from Autozone is NOT a GMB pump (you don't always know with the Duralast branded parts)! OMG those pumps SUCK. I made that mistake once years ago and had the same issue you did. I've had good results with Airtex pumps. Good Luck!

Old 02-16-2017, 08:23 AM
Winching
Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by OverRover
I hope the water pump from Autozone is NOT a GMB pump (you don't always know with the Duralast branded parts)! OMG those pumps SUCK. I made that mistake once years ago and had the same issue you did. I've had good results with Airtex pumps. Good Luck!
damn, that sucks after all the work you've done. X2 on the Airtex and maybe look into a Nissens radiator.

Old 02-16-2017, 09:17 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

That's lame sauce. I try and "remember" to grab my fan every once and a while and check for bearing play...But we don't always remember to do that!
I would go Nissens radiator too if you can. Feebay or Amazon has them.

Old 02-16-2017, 03:02 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

i can beat that, came home to replace the fan clutch and the old fan is one piece so i went to town to get the chevy fan to fit the clutch and when i got home my discovery was burning. in my rush i laid a wrench on the alternator hot wire and it caught the battery and fuse panel on fire. Looks like a new fuse panel, battery and coolant bottle, along with the harness that runs down the side of the panel. O and repaint the hood and passenger fender. Im pretty disgusted right now.

Old 02-16-2017, 03:25 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

Holy Shnykies!!! Dang son. You have the ultimate crappy day

Old 02-16-2017, 05:26 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Luckyjayb
I'm sure since it was a bearmach one but hell by the time I try to deal with shipping and all, I'd be at a loss. I bit the bullet and got one from autozone even though it was outrageous but if it ever fails, it's got a lifetime warranty and they are local at least.
Bearmach and Allmakes are the same company and goods from what I have been told by the LR main dealers.

Old 02-16-2017, 05:29 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by gulfdisco
i can beat that, came home to replace the fan clutch and the old fan is one piece so i went to town to get the chevy fan to fit the clutch and when i got home my discovery was burning. in my rush i laid a wrench on the alternator hot wire and it caught the battery and fuse panel on fire. Looks like a new fuse panel, battery and coolant bottle, along with the harness that runs down the side of the panel. O and repaint the hood and passenger fender. Im pretty disgusted right now.
That's a real ****e day, it can only get better cos it can't get worse

The following users liked this post:
gulfdisco (02-16-2017)
Old 02-16-2017, 05:34 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
That's a real ****e day, it can only get better cos it can't get worse
WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!!! Hell im gonna get a nissens or allmakes radiator. Just waiting on the better half to approve the purchase

Old 02-16-2017, 05:57 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,160 Likes on 836 Posts

Boy, that sucks. (gulfdisco's meltdown)

Condolences. Just step away for a day or two...and then tackle it with a straight head.

Brian.

Old 02-16-2017, 08:00 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

no doubt. Sad thing is after all the work and stripped head bolts it was almost perfect. back to driving the raptor until i get this sorted, luckily i have a buddy with a ton or random D2 parts. ugh...

Quick Reply: Crappy day!!!!