Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EBC Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 09:38 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Default EBC Brake Pads

I am about to buy brake pads for my D2 and am looking for information from anyone who is currently using either EBC 6000 or 7000 Green Stuff pads or the Yellow stuff.
I am running DBA rotors and after 76,000 miles on an old set of Kevlar pads from the UK, I am looking for the best stopping power with the least dust, don't want the 3 Amigos coming on all the time.
Any first hand information would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
I am about to buy brake pads for my D2 and am looking for information from anyone who is currently using either EBC 6000 or 7000 Green Stuff pads or the Yellow stuff.
I am running DBA rotors and after 76,000 miles on an old set of Kevlar pads from the UK, I am looking for the best stopping power with the least dust, don't want the 3 Amigos coming on all the time.
Any first hand information would be greatly appreciated.
From the consensus of the board and the Land Rover guru, Disco Mike, he suggested the EBC kit to be great stopping power. Just apply a lot of sound deadening spray.

HAHA, I'm just teasing, I am saving up as well for the EBC kit. Hopefully, I get some needed information from this thread.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Mike, I installed this kit about 2,000 miles ago: http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/9542EBC.cfm

I've noticed much reduced brake dust and improved stopping power from the stock brakes. Let me know if I can provide any other details.

Old 08-04-2009, 02:25 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Torancis_LR
From the consensus of the board and the Land Rover guru, Disco Mike, he suggested the EBC kit to be great stopping power. Just apply a lot of sound deadening spray.
haha, that's great! I had to double take Mike's post a few times to verify that he was ASKING a question!

Old 08-04-2009, 02:31 PM
KBW
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had my greenstuff pads for about 6K so far and am also running DBA rotors. I've had ZERO squeak. I do city driving when I'm not on the trail so I'm always doing a lot of hard braking and I love them so far. Old brakes were ridiculously loud. Don't really pay much attention to brake dust as I was my disco at least once a week and it never really builds up anyway.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:18 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

As we discussed on the phone Mike, I am using the EBC pads that Atlantic British sells. They are the 6000 series Greenstuff. You've seen me drive and should know how hard I am on brakes. Once the pads got bedded in the only time I have had any sound from them was when the rotors got really dusty on a trail. They may not provide the best braking performance but they have never given me reason to worry that I won't stop in time. They also produce little to no dust. The pads on the truck when I bought it had my front wheel almost black, not a problem anymore.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by jrkstore43
Hey Mike, I installed this kit about 2,000 miles ago: http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/9542EBC.cfm

I've noticed much reduced brake dust and improved stopping power from the stock brakes. Let me know if I can provide any other details.
That kit has the 6000 Green Stuff pads, which I hear are pretty good, I am leaning towards the 7000 pads or maybe the Yellow Stuff pads if I can keep them from bring up the 3 guys.

Thanks.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by KBW
I've had my greenstuff pads for about 6K so far and am also running DBA rotors. I've had ZERO squeak. I do city driving when I'm not on the trail so I'm always doing a lot of hard braking and I love them so far. Old brakes were ridiculously loud. Don't really pay much attention to brake dust as I was my disco at least once a week and it never really builds up anyway.
Do you know exactly which of the EBC pads you installed?

Old 08-04-2009, 04:29 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
That kit has the 6000 Green Stuff pads, which I hear are pretty good, I am leaning towards the 7000 pads or maybe the Yellow Stuff pads if I can keep them from bring up the 3 guys.

Thanks.

I agree on the 7000 series and will go to them in the front when the 6000's need replacing, but they don't offer the 7000's for the rear and AB didn't do the 7000/6000 split in a kit. (I also thought about the Yellow's, but really wanted the low dust.)

Good luck. Love to hear what you finally ended up with!

Old 08-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Learned something new this morning. I was not aware they didn't make the 7000 for the rear, just did a quick Google and can't find any information as to whey either.
Oh well, that may be my only option.
Thanks.

Quick Reply: EBC Brake Pads