Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlights, tail lights and cops, oh my!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 10:18 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Rover_Hokie
In Virginia it is faulty equipment if you cannot roll your window down, it is a requirement to pace state inspection, so you might want to get that fixed as well.

hahaha.. I'm reminded daily how Bertha wouldn't pass 'MOT' inspection in the UK too Hokie. I know.. I know.. I got off lucky tonight. I'm trying to get my act together...

Old 10-15-2014, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,478 Likes on 1,206 Posts

Trust me our situations overseas were definitely a bit more "charged" then your encounter. Just giving you my perspective, and I read into it to much as I thought you got out as well.

Either way all's well that ends well.

Now fix your bloody disco

Old 10-16-2014, 07:21 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

flex your rights........(google it )

None of that crap he asked was any of his business. He was FISHING

The Problem with your disco sounds ODD.....

Old 10-16-2014, 10:16 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts
Default Me too...

----> https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...-hiccup-67926/

Without the colorful storytelling; still a mistery.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:48 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

Don't EVER talk to cops. Don't answer any questions. Don't strike up a conversation. Hand him your stuff when he walks up to the window and stare at him. He wants nothing less than to put you in jail for the rest of your life, tear your car apart looking for drugs and have a dog show in your back seat. They use ANYTHING you say against you, so they bait and fish through the entire stop. Just remember that that cop would put you through hell for an "atta boy" from the captain. Cops are tax collectors and cleanup crew, they do not stop crime, they do not fight crime, they are not your friends.

Old 10-16-2014, 11:40 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

Cops are tax collectors and cleanup crew, they do not stop crime, they do not fight crime, they are not your friends.

I bet your D.A.R.E officer aren't you?

Old 10-16-2014, 12:11 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by RoverMasterTech
Don't EVER talk to cops. Don't answer any questions. Don't strike up a conversation. Hand him your stuff when he walks up to the window and stare at him. He wants nothing less than to put you in jail for the rest of your life, tear your car apart looking for drugs and have a dog show in your back seat. They use ANYTHING you say against you, so they bait and fish through the entire stop. Just remember that that cop would put you through hell for an "atta boy" from the captain. Cops are tax collectors and cleanup crew, they do not stop crime, they do not fight crime, they are not your friends.
So what you're telling me is that I shouldn't have spoken to him or showered him with my gift of gab? I guess I can't help it, it's in my nature to be sociable...I don't have anything to hide so I guess I was just 'going with it'. If there ever is a next time, I guess I'll know better...

Old 10-16-2014, 01:30 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 89 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by RoverMasterTech
Yet, she did all of the things you suggest NOT to, and DiDNT get a ticket for at least two definite violations. Window and light.

So maybe, just maybe, all cops are not the same. Otherwise she would be in jail with dogs having a show (?) on the back seat.

Seems some of us have had a bad experience with cops and others havn't. Which leads to a cemented polar view of the whole worlds police people.

Bit daft isn't it?

Old 10-16-2014, 02:03 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by cappedup
Yet, she did all of the things you suggest NOT to, and DiDNT get a ticket for at least two definite violations. Window and light.

So maybe, just maybe, all cops are not the same. Otherwise she would be in jail with dogs having a show (?) on the back seat.

Seems some of us have had a bad experience with cops and others havn't. Which leads to a cemented polar view of the whole worlds police people.

Bit daft isn't it?

No not daft. I live in NJ, THE police state of the police state. I have been through NIGHTMARES with the police. From them ripping panels off the inside of my car looking for drugs, (the car was an audi coupe and had 10 year old cigarette butts in the ash trays in the back, they ripped the ashtrays out of both sides, breaking the panels and dumped them out on my seats) to impounding my truck for a weekend because I parked it on the side of the road with 2 blown out tires for a half hour and walked to 7/11 with my buddy. They arrested me for having an unpaid parking ticket that I got for parking outside my house. (your not allowed to park in the street overnight in a lot of towns in NJ, they need the extra ticket money to pay more cops to write more parking tickets.), wouldn't stop on the way to the station for me to get money out of the ATM to pay the $25 ticket. Started interrogating me, asking me why I was in NYC (rangers game), Calling me a liar, telling me they know I was picking up drugs. Telling me they are going to impound the car, and search it top to bottom and that I would be responsible for the towing fees and storage fees, and they would make sure they found something. I had to plead with them to let my brother come pay the 25 bucks, so I could get out. Then my brother shows up and they give him a hard time, run his license, check his car paperwork, make him wait 45 mins.
Then I get back to the car with my brother, which is in the train station parking lot, AND THEY TORE THE CAR TO SHREDS AT 2 A.M. IN THE PITCH BLACK. Everything was everywhere, glove box emptied on the floor, any part of the car easily removed was removed. I could tell you like 4 more stories, but I'm having PTSD attacks remembering all this. Oh, and I was NEVER charged with ANYTHING any of those times.

Old 10-16-2014, 02:23 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by cappedup
Bit daft isn't it?
Daft?

I could write pages of some of the screwed up **** the police have done to me over the years. Unlawful search and seizure, drugs planted, threats of false charges, lying in court...

It's in your best interest to never trust the police. This isn't Mayberry, those days are over.

The only thing 'daft' is thinking otherwise in this day and age.

Quick Reply: Headlights, tail lights and cops, oh my!