Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new Terrafirma suspension

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 12:16 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new Terrafirma suspension

Here is my review of my 2" lift with a Terrafirma kit on my 2003 D2. I had the kit installed a few days before July 4th. At first inspection the paint finish on the springs don't look very good, at least compared to OME, the shocks look fine, they are actually physically larger than the Bilsteins that I was replacing. I also notice this kit is made by AllMakes 4x4 products, they make a lot of OEM and aftermarket LR parts. After a few hours the lift was done. During the roadtest, I can definitely tell the difference between the new suspension and my previous suspension that consisted of worn original springs and Bilstein shocks. The ride is way better and the truck is actually comfortable to ride in now. Before the ride was very firm and the whole truck would shake when going over bumps and rough roads. On July 4th I went with a couple of other trucks to Peavine Mtn in Reno for some offroading. The ride is very nice, seems a little softer than my brothers D2 that has an OME setup. After a day of wheeling, I can say I am very happy with this kit so far. As most people will say, only time will tell how the components will hold up, but I think it will be fine. I got the medium spring kit and believe it or not, this kit is actually slightly higher than an OME setup, at least the rear is a little higher, a bonus I would say.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:04 AM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Be sure to give us regular updates. I am curious how much the springs are going to settle and if it will settle evenly.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:37 AM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the review. We've had people ask about Terrafirma many times and most of us can't give a good answer because not many people have the kit on their trucks. Good to hear that you like it so far, keep us posted!

Old 07-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where did you find the kit for the D2? This is probably the setup that I will go with, but I haven't been able to find the kit for a D2 anywhere.. Thanks for the review!

The following users liked this post:
DaBehrsD2 (02-22-2020)
Old 07-15-2010, 12:16 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AK Rover
Be sure to give us regular updates. I am curious how much the springs are going to settle and if it will settle evenly.
X2, the true test....

Thanks for the review......got any pics?

Old 07-15-2010, 11:26 PM
Mudding

I will update regularly when I have a chance. I got the springs and matching shocks from British Pacific in Valencia,CA but Justin at Lucky8 also have them available, they come in soft, medium, and of course HD. The sales guy at British Pacific made very clearly to me that HD will be very bouncy unless I have a lot of weight to smooth out the ride, therefore I chose the med. as I have no plans to add bumpers or even a winch.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:44 PM
Mudding

I just installed a set of terrafirma shocks on my used/new to me ome suspension. I like it so far.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:15 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

The terrafirma catalog, British Pacific and Justin at Lucky 8 show that there are just two versions of shocks available for the D2. regular all terrain and the all terrain +2", for springs you have two options, Medium load and heavy load. see here http://www.britishpacific.com/BPSite...terrafirma.htm

Old 09-17-2010, 08:00 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you fit +2" terrafirma shocks, then you really need to adjust / extend the brake and ABS lines (more so on the rear) and your front prop will now hit the front cross member on full articulation.

Old 10-25-2016, 08:43 PM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello, I know this is an old thread. However, I have an '03 Disco II that now has a completely failed airbag and compressor. I'm going to order the 2" Terrafirma Kit from Atlantic British. After reading Urban Panzer's response, I'm now concerned about "additional" things that need to be done to the truck. Can someone please tell me if I really have to do as he's stated?

Thank you all in advance.

Quick Reply: My new Terrafirma suspension