LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

LR2 lights/nav questions...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 07:37 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LR2 lights/nav questions...

Hi, I have had my LR2 for a couple weeks now and I love it. I was just wondering about the lights. I have the upgraded light package. The side light symbol on my dash is always on when my lights are on. Is this correct? I know this might be a really stupid question, but I just want to be sure. It just seems odd that it's on. I thought maybe it is on because there is a problem, but all my lights seem to be fine. The directional lights on the side of the vehicle only flash when I use the turn signal, is this right? I thought maybe they would be on when ever the other lights were on. I would appreciate any help. Be gentle with your answers, I don't want to get hammered for stupid questions. I just have to know. This is by far the best time I have ever had in a new car. I got everything but the tech package. Any one find a aftermarket nav w/ bluetooth that fits in the cubby hole where the tech screen should be? I think I am going to buy one. Thanks in advanced.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:47 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: LR2 lights/nav questions...

Yup. I think everything's OK. You probably have your headlights set on 'Auto'. There's a green light symbol on the inst. Panel that glows green to show this, even if the lights aren't on. (This might be different if you live in Canada with DLRs).
The side turn signal lights only light when you're signaling, not any other time, except when you're arming/disarming the alarm, they'll flash.
I got the NAV, so haven't researched any third party units, but be careful, as it may mess with the stereo if you try to integrate it into your speakers.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:09 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: LR2 lights/nav questions...

The green symbol that stays on is for the side marker lights. It's on the lower left side of the info screen. I am in the US. Even when I use the light switch it stays on unless I turn off the lights completely.