Modifications Done some work to your Land Rover to make it better on road or off? Talk about it here!

Range Rover Classic Center Console (image intensive)

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 09:46 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Range Rover Classic Center Console (image intensive)

Please let us know when these become available and what price range they will be it

Old 12-19-2008, 01:49 PM
1st Gear

Awesome! Just what I need for my 1992 RRC. Have you finalized your plans on price and availability?

Thanks,

Sundar

Old 12-23-2008, 01:19 PM
8th Gear

You are a life saver...LOL! You should have a ton of business coming your way. I like so many RRC enthusiast are in need of a replacement center console that's of the right dimensions, true to form,durable, pleasing to the eye and functional. Sign me up!

Old 05-17-2010, 10:28 PM
8th Gear
Default (UPDATE) New composite design pictures

Hello everyone,

The delay has been worth it. More information to follow soon but this is a composite console. I have epoxy drying as I type this so more picture soon to follow.

I wasn't happy with the previous design. The durability wasn't there, the ease of customization was lacking and it was difficult to replicate. This is following the same shape as the previous, simply in composite form. Lighter, more durable, easy to replicate, etc. Here are the pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/shawnjon...eat=directlink

As always critiques are welcome, I have moved into a proper shop and this has helped out a ton.

- Shawn

Old 10-26-2010, 08:08 PM
1st Gear

I have a Range Rover Classic 1988. I was wondering if you are willing to send me the dimensions and measurements on the center console. Mine is completely destroyed and have no way to measure one. I refuse to buy a new one since that won't fix the problem and fragility of the center console. Thanks.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:57 PM
1st Gear

Shawn, I have a 1989 Classic, and this looks incredibly similar if not exactly the same as mine. If this is the same and will fit in my 89, which I'm sure you know whether or not it will. How much do you charge for one of these? I need one desperately and I would love to put the money in your pocket instead of a bigger company. Looking forward to your reply!

Old 02-03-2011, 05:53 PM
Default Shawn, do you still have a center console for sale? P

If so please email me at pauld@construx.com

Originally Posted by shawnjones
Hello everyone,

A few months ago I was reading some threads with various members looking for center consoles for their RRC. That got the wheels turning. My father owns an 1988 Range Rover Classic and was also in need of a center console to replace the long since gone original in his truck. Over the holiday weekend I put together this console here. It is much stronger than the original console and it was designed for him to use all of his existing parts like switches and shifter bezels, I just wanted to show you all here and see what you think. Any input is welcome.

Thanks,

Shawn

Old 05-12-2011, 06:32 PM
1st Gear

I'm also want this great piece of craftsmanship for my 1987 Rover. Please send me an email to laarocho@yahoo.com.

Thanks,
Luis

Old 06-23-2011, 11:52 PM
1st Gear

I am very interested in a console for my 89' RRC. Please email me @ Carson.pp00@gmail.com and let me know if you are still making these. Thanks!

Old 06-28-2011, 12:27 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That is excellent. Glas to see someone apply their skills and come up with a really good result like you have.

I have a 97 DI that I took the console out and having been fooling around with an old Scotch Whiskey wooden crate from way back when that was in our garage, left over from when her grandparents originally built this house.

Haven't installed it yet, but I did mount the padded top from my console and will most likely put the switches in the front part under the padded top. It has a separte lid for the grandkids in the middle seats that they all autographed to personalize it as their own.

Quick Reply: Range Rover Classic Center Console (image intensive)