New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Salam from KL..!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 09:30 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Salam from KL..!

Hello everyone! I have one question. I met a few guys who own the Range Rover Classic, long-wheel based and short-wheel based. A few of them told me that they have changed the original RRC engine to that of a Toyota engine. Is this normal? Is it good? The purists among RRC owners may not like this.But I'm very curious to know the pros and cons of this exercise. TQ

Old 02-10-2016, 09:45 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

welcome,

toyota engine in a range rover classic, cant say I have seen that.

I would be interested in what they are actually using.

Old 02-11-2016, 06:42 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toyota engine

Hi.! The guy uses a Toyota 2JZ engine. I've seen it but have not driven the car though. I'm told the 2JZ engine fits nicely into the RRC. The owner changed to the Toyota engine bcos its less problematic. I don't own a RRC, hence unable to assess the original RRC engine. I'm also new to forums like this...learning bt by bit

Old 02-12-2016, 09:47 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

Thanks for the reply, now I know what to investigate.

Originally Posted by Ahmad A Talib
Hi.! The guy uses a Toyota 2JZ engine. I've seen it but have not driven the car though. I'm told the 2JZ engine fits nicely into the RRC. The owner changed to the Toyota engine bcos its less problematic. I don't own a RRC, hence unable to assess the original RRC engine. I'm also new to forums like this...learning bt by bit