General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Missing buttons on steering wheel turn and wiper column

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 10:01 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missing buttons on steering wheel turn and wiper column

Hi all! I am new owner of a second hand Range Rover HSE 4.6. I got the Rangie knowing that the buttons on the turn signal and wiper switch are not there.. I am in need of new buttons.. I've looked on many websites.. So far, the only thing that I can find are new stalks for the steering column. I'm not too thrilled that I have to buy new ones.. Any ideas where I can find the buttons? I have a picture attached of just the turn signal switch (couldn't find a good wiper switch picture).[IMG]file:///Users/Rudnicken/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///Users/Rudnicken/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///Users/Rudnicken/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///Users/Rudnicken/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-3.png[/IMG]

Attached Thumbnails Missing buttons on steering wheel turn and wiper column-acc030d.jpg  
Old 11-29-2010, 06:57 AM
Rock Crawling

Try ebay for used ones and then just remove the buttons. I didn't even know they came off.

Old 11-29-2010, 10:02 AM
Drifting

Hey thanks Wilson! I really appreciate the input! I actually have been looking at ebay, with not that much luck at all.. With stalks that I do find, the buttons are gone or the stalks are worn with the buttons about to fall off...

Old 12-01-2010, 08:43 PM
2nd Gear

Hi there I have the same problem on both sides i am missing the switches i think is like a cup i am using a pen now to push those buttons Does anyone knows where i can i find them and whats the proper name for those thanks

Old 12-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Drifting

I am completely with SUPERC... I still haven't found them... Unfortunately I think that we might have to "bite the bullet" and get newish switches... I called the Land Rover dealership to see what suggestions they had... but they said that the buttons aren't parts that are in their own category... I'd have to buy the whole switches... and they said that they don't sell the switches anymore... (sigh) but I'll just have to go online and find some... :/ Hopefully someone can help us out... The dealership said that they didn't even know that they could come off... WELL OF COURSE THEY CAN COME OFF! THEY'RE BUTTONS! Stupid Land Rover Dealer.. heh

Old 12-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is for the windshield wiper side, couldn't find anything for the other. Its brand new, and very expensive too http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/STC2959G.cfm

I found them on ebay as well:
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_...506.m270.l1313

Last edited by LRScott; 12-01-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Drifting

YAY! Thanks LRScott... Spendy little suckers.... I'll have to keep on looking (I'm a cheap person..) Too bad that there's no specific parts numbers for the buttons..

Old 12-02-2010, 07:45 PM
4wd Low

You could also wait for a range rover to go throug the local scrapyards and take off the stalks from that...

Old 12-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Drifting

Thanks for the suggestion Satisfying Pie! Really anything will do... I don't even need to have the icons on the buttons.. aftermarket buttons would be just fine.. Sigh.. I guess that I'll have to do some ebaying..

Old 12-03-2010, 05:36 AM
Rock Crawling

Those prices are pretty cheap for Range Rover parts. Just wait 'till you have to replace your abs pump.

Quick Reply: Missing buttons on steering wheel turn and wiper column