LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nav Hack?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav Hack?

Is there a way to hack the Nav system so thatit will allow user input while driving? It really sucks to have to stop to input or change destinations.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:11 AM
Three Wheeling
Default RE: Nav Hack?

If you can get your hands on a wiring diagram it may be as easy as permanantly grounding a wire (but then again, it probably isn't that easy). Had a similar issue with a kenwood nav system, but just groundedone sensor wire so it always thought I was stopped.

Old 09-22-2007, 09:44 PM
Mudding
Default RE: Nav Hack?

Built inby law. and can't be changed, too many distractions while driving you know.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:47 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Nav Hack? YES! Nav while in motion is possible!

No law governs that... it is the lawyers...

Anyway, there IS a way to input destinations, etc., etc. while in motion.

Found this on another site (http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7209)

COPIED AND PASTED FROM THE ABOVE URL
For those of you already familiar with accessing the Nav diag PIN entry screen, the entry sequence is 1791, OK, Return. For those who don't know what a diag PIN entry screen is, keep reading.

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: As always, I am not responsible if ANYTHING AT ALL goes wrong while you are trying this, whether your monitor freezes, your engine won't start or you crash into a large tree... I found the code because I got lucky (and because I spent a few hours scouring the internet for leads/ideas), not because I knew anything more than you guys know. I have no idea whether this hack may create problems down the road, I don't have a clue if it works on every Sport out there (it does on mine and another 2), on LR3s or big RRs with the same Denso nav system as our cars. Don't call/write me for help, because I will not be able to give you any, other than the directions below.

The beauty of the hack is that you can enable it while you start the car or while you are already on the road, and it really takes only a few presses of the touchscreen, maybe 15 seconds total. This beats having to pull over if you or, I sincerely hope, your front passenger wants to enter an address while you are already driving down the highway. The bad news is that the hack is temporary. About two minutes after you turn off the engine, the car's computer will shut down and will take the hack down with it. So, you will have to reenable it whenever you need it. There may be a way to make this hack permanent, but I have not found it (yet) and this is better than nothing, for now. Lexus drivers have to put up with the same hack limitation...

Let's start. First of all, you need to get to the on-road Navigation Menu as shown in picture B below. So, if you are just starting the car, you go to Navigation, acknowledge the obnoxious Land Rover legal dept. by pressing the "Agree" button, and you'll probably get to the map screen shown in picture A. If you are driving, you are most likely already there. Press the lower left Home button to get to the Navigation Menu:
Picture A:

You should now be in the Navigation Menu (if you are moving, some square buttons will be grayed out, but it does not matter.) Press the UPPER CENTER portion of the touchscreen for about 5 seconds (there is an invisible button there), as shown below:
Picture B:

This will eventually bring up the following "secret" Diag PIN entry screen:
Picture C:

Using the touchscreen, enter PIN # 1791 and press OK, like this:
Picture D:

The screen will look again like it did in Picture C. It appears the PIN entry has failed, except that it hasn't... Press the Return arrow on the upper right corner to go back to the Nav Menu:
Picture E:

That's all there is to it. You should now have access to all navigation entry and setup menus, whether you are moving or not.

Old 11-03-2007, 04:12 PM
Mudding

OK now get it to play DVD's while driving , the NewRange Rover guys want to watch TV on their front screens.

Old 11-04-2007, 05:21 PM
2nd Gear

Hello guys I just picked up my HSE 2008 and the 1791 hack doesn't work for 2008 models because of an INI file, on the DVD..this is what I am told,& I am really upset because, although it may be a distraction to a driver to modify settings while driving, I think a passenger should be able to input the navigation changes, but yet thats not the case.

Icalled a dealer in Holland I know and in Europe thecars come with the ability to change on the fly as its called. Is anyone out there with some help, I really want this feature unlock for me.

John

Old 11-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Three Wheeling

The 1791 hack worked for my 2006 HSE.

Old 11-13-2007, 11:38 PM
7th Gear

tried this 2X on my 07 HSE and wont work

Old 03-15-2008, 12:49 PM
6th Gear

Anyone know where to download a 2008 update of the Nav DVD?

Old 03-17-2008, 12:16 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

www.navigation.com/lrdvd08 $199

Quick Reply: Nav Hack?