Suspension sponsored by Arnott Inc. Talk about your suspension within.

Lucky8 and lrparts reviews from you guys?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 10:26 AM
Winching
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by dusty1
see what I mean, on those sandtracks? of course, the may just have me blocked over the hot checks and nuddie picts.
What ones do you need?

I have used set of Mantec and Equipe

Old 08-21-2014, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

don't think "need" is a good term. mantec are the only ones I have seen on the site. dunno about the equipe ones, but they sound like the plastic ones that I have in my work truck. I think E was checking on availability, but probably never heard a confirmation. no big deal, it is just a fancy replacement for scrap carpet or a dead log, after all. the Guinness ad sold me. but I do want them....

Lucky8 Llc. - Take the road less traveled...

Old 08-21-2014, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,465 Likes on 1,196 Posts

This would be more your speed from what I've seen Dusty

Attached Thumbnails Lucky8 and lrparts reviews from you guys?-0_zoomlionrt55yellow.jpg  
Old 08-21-2014, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

Well, I can't find a good write up for DIY combo rock slider / hydraulic outriggers, so I will have to settle for now.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:42 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quote?

Originally Posted by Fivespddisco
You called up Erik and asked for shop pricing and said you will get all of your parts from us when the time was right. Shortly after the call we received an email on EBay asking us for prices. Erik replied this is Lucky8. He already gave you a price on the phone.

I used baileybimmerparts@gmail.com when I sent the email requesting parts prices with SHOP PRICING.

Also, The part I was getting a price on through ebay is not included in the 2d2k or 3d2k kits I'm still waiting on price for. It is in the 4" kit but it still doesn't show the price individually to add to the 2 and 3" kits

I have talked to several people about pricing to see who offers reasonable discounts so we can all make money and be happy. I have not purchased any parts from anyone yet as I'm compiling information and waiting to order all the parts I get new from one supplier to get the best pricing possible.
From business to business, you should appreciate the fact that I'm doing my research and practicing due diligence as this means if I use your company it will be for a long term and not just one purchase as that is not how I work.

I've checked all email folders to be certain as I have a customer ready to pull the trigger on the right deal but want to ensure I'm doing the best for myself and my customers as I always do.

The customer service here is a little of a rough start, but I have not ruled lucky8 out as you guys do have a wide selection and appear to have descent knowledge of these cars and parts from what I cant tell thus far.

If you wish to acquire a new business customer to sell and install your parts and kits here in GA, let me know what shop prices are (set percentage across all parts?, discounts of 2", 3", 4" kits and so on).

The current customer is still looking for a nice roof rack, sturdy sliders, 2 winches though these are easy to find for good price, and roughly a 3" lift kit consisting of at least struts/springs/brake lines/hp watts linkage and possible camber corrected radius arms).

I'm looking for a setup to put on my personal d2 to advertise a lift and parts also. Willing to advertise the company who's parts are on it with logos/stickers and so on if they are willing to sell a setup cheap enough. You can never have too little advertisement in a souther state like GA known for Rover lovers and off-road adventurists.

So to clarify, I hope you did't get offended as I meant no offense. Just trying to get pricing and a ball moving. You know how it is to have a customer constantly bugging you ready to spend money

Old 08-21-2014, 09:56 PM
Super Moderator

l8, thank you for setting me up with my (probably much needed) tracks and squaring me away.
badass, not going to find a better selection of aftermarket parts at better prices, in one place. maybe you find a dollar or two on a snorkel or something, but then you are back to shopping and probably hit or miss shipping from the UK.
good luck to you. hope you find what you need. most of us have.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:14 PM
Three Wheeling
Default Agree

Originally Posted by dusty1
l8, thank you for setting me up with my (probably much needed) tracks and squaring me away.
badass, not going to find a better selection of aftermarket parts at better prices, in one place. maybe you find a dollar or two on a snorkel or something, but then you are back to shopping and probably hit or miss shipping from the UK.
good luck to you. hope you find what you need. most of us have.
Exactly why I want to do all the research first and then settle down with one good company to establish a relationship with and to have take care of my land rover goodies needs.

And you are right, there are a lot of parts out there and eventually well all find what we are looking for if we want it enough. I'm the go getter kinda guy. I've only been looking for a short while but have it nailed down to between two companies. Based on what I read I'd prefer L8 but I'm just waiting for quotes.

I understand they are working on their site info and prices but since I'm looking at it from a B2B aspect, the prices wouldn't necessarily help me unless they tell me it is a set % across the board. The info as to what exactly is in the kits would be nice though. When I called the first time I at least began to understand what the "plus" included in the kit

Old 08-22-2014, 12:12 PM
Winching
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by badassbmwm3
Just trying to get pricing and a ball moving. You know how it is to have a customer constantly bugging you ready to spend money
I dont mind that you shop for the best price. In fact, we do our best to keep the price as low as possible because we are enthusiasts first and business people second. Please try and understand it from our end: We get phone calls every day from "Shops" looking for "shop pricing" promising us the world on a string and an everlasting relationship. We never hear from 99% of them ever again because they might not ever have another Rover in their garage, or they were just plain lying to save money.
We welcome the opportunity to work with you, but we cannot offer discounts on a first time single kit order. If you need more than a single kit, or general repairs parts like hoses and head gaskets, please call me direct and I will try my best to accomodate you and your needs.
Justin

Old 08-23-2014, 03:13 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Fivespddisco
I dont mind that you shop for the best price. In fact, we do our best to keep the price as low as possible because we are enthusiasts first and business people second. Please try and understand it from our end: We get phone calls every day from "Shops" looking for "shop pricing" promising us the world on a string and an everlasting relationship. We never hear from 99% of them ever again because they might not ever have another Rover in their garage, or they were just plain lying to save money.
We welcome the opportunity to work with you, but we cannot offer discounts on a first time single kit order. If you need more than a single kit, or general repairs parts like hoses and head gaskets, please call me direct and I will try my best to accomodate you and your needs.
Justin
I'm a lier?

Also, I'm looking for a kit for a customers car and one for my own to advertise the lifts I'd be selling and installing.

Everything depends on the price. I know the parts you guys resale are good and have done my research their, just wanted to know if you offered shop discounts and if so how much.

If you cant offer my shop a shop discount, let me know. Just checking prices before I settle in with a company and start ordering parts.
I'm also in the process of purchasing other rovers I plan on upgrading/lifting them, cleaning them up and replacing all the common issue maintenance stuff and reselling them.

If you don't think our business are a good match though let me know.

Cheers

Old 08-23-2014, 10:29 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Justin didn't call you a lier. Lucky8's policy for shop pricing is to have a minimum order in order to be setup. It sounds like your order doesn't meet the minimum.

Their policy weeds out the people trying to get a one time deal by claiming they are a shop.

Having an initial minimum order size with an annual $$ goal is common practice in wholesale.

Quick Reply: Lucky8 and lrparts reviews from you guys?