Sponsored by:

‘22 D90 S Update

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2021, 09:13 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 185 Likes on 109 Posts
Default ‘22 D90 S Update

Note: If the Read is Too Long, just Enjoy the Photos

Hey guys, thought I’d give ya an update on the Land Rover Forums.

This is my ‘22 Land Rover Defender 90 S, with the P300 engine.

I am still in love with the Defender, more so than any other vehicle I’ve ever driven or owned. It is just so much fun to drive and even just to look at.

It currently has just over 8,200 miles. It was leased and drove off the lot on July 5th, 2021 out of state at Land Rover Buffalo (for MSRP). I reside in NE Ohio and go to my University in NW Ohio.

As far as problems, nothing really serious. I’ve had a few minor issues: Screen going black while its functions and sound still worked, Apple CarPlay freezing and Bluetooth album art losing its resolution (happened after I got an iPhone 13 Pro with iOS 15 though), Driver side A-Pillar Speaker possibly blown out, Digital Instrument Cluster Plastic Trim Surround Squeaking, Digital Instrument Cluster going black, and most notably, Push Button Start and Door Proximity Button not working. That last one required a Dealer reset which fixed it, however there is a Recall/TSB for it, and parts have been ordered. There was also a bypass area, where the key fob could be placed to start the vehicle which always worked as well. Haven’t had to do that since the dealer visit though. Anyways, should be fixed entirely by the end of the year. There were 7 parts total and a few were on backorder for that fix. All the other issues have either not happened since or have been or will be fixed by the end of the year when those other parts are in. Everything has been to no cost and under warranty of course. Never been stranded on the side of the road or felt unsafe in my Defender, unlike some would make it seem.

As far as mods or additions…I was looking at off-road bags or spare wheel covers. May go that route. Kinda wanted the OEM Brush Guard (It’s really a Grille Guard but they call it a Bull Bar). Unfortunately it may be hard to get, have to call Land Rover NA to see if it’s available, dealer said they couldn’t get it on their end. It’s made specifically for the SA or AU market. We have a Ranch Hand on our ‘22 Ram 2500 Laramie Night Edition. It looks awesome and really helps with safety. I see deer everyday and someone just totaled their vehicle in front of our property last week. Kinda a given where I live. Just put the Deep-Sided Rubber Mats in the front too.

Speaking of where I live, I live in a snow belt. We get tons of snow, and it just started snowing this week. That being said, I’m gonna run snow/winter tires. I never have used them before but I probably almost get into an accident every season cuz of insufficient braking in snow, even at low speed. Only time I have was in the middle of a blizzard back in 2019. I know for a fact snow/winter tires help a ton. I looked at Continental and Pirelli which I love but I’m gonna go Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 SUV’s. The Hakkapeliitta 10’s aren’t really out yet in my area and they don’t have a proper size or load rating for the stock 19’s wheels I have. So I’m getting the R3’s in 275/55/R19’s. Which is a snow/winter tire recommended in the owner’s manual. I currently run 255/65/R19’s in the Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrains. Mind you, these are the LR ones which aren’t 3 Mountain Peak/Snowflake rated or have Kevlar. The tires I had when I got into my accident in 2019 were also Goodyear Wrangler’s with no wear and about 10k miles on them…yeah nah. The current ones I have are ok but nothing special. Definitely not good for off-roading or especially snow imo, which is important for me. My county gets the most snow in the entire state. Anyways, looking forward to the new tires. Probs get them installed end of November or Early December. Just gonna extend the life of my all-terrains if I’m switching out every season.

As far as gas mileage for those interested, I use either Premium 91 or 93 Octane Gas from Circle K, Sunoco, or Costco (Kirkland Signature). 3/4's of my Driving is Highway (Freeway/Rural above 45-50 MPH), rest is City (Suburbs). Back and Forth 2 1/2 Hr. Commute 2x a week on the Turnpike going 70+ MPH. Vehicle is Stock and Light Load set for Recommended Tire Pressure. 90% of the time, I'm the only one in the SUV, and don't carry much inside. Trip has never been reset. Since Temp's dropped last month, noticed 1 MPG loss from about 20 avg to about 19 avg.

Fuelly Calculated Current All-Time Avg MPG: 19.0 MPG
Fuelly Calculated Highest All-Time Avg MPG: 20.5 MPG
Instrument Cluster Current All-Time Avg MPG: 19.7 MPG
Instrument Cluster Highest All-Time Avg MPG: 20.7 MPG

Also, can’t wait for the OS 3.0. It will add wireless Apple CarPlay which is awesome. Have it on our ‘22 Ram, and love it. Currently on 2.1.6 I think.

BTW, if ya guys wanna order one, it’s gonna be a ‘23 MY. The Defender L663 has only been out for about a year and it’s already on its 4th Model Year, lol.

So yeah, just a little update. Lemme know what ya guys think, if ya have any questions, or if you just think I’m an idiot and have no idea what I’m talking about haha.

Last edited by Royalist; 11-15-2021 at 09:15 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by Royalist:
D90Hope (11-16-2021), Drednot (11-16-2021), GavinC (11-17-2021), GrouseK9 (11-16-2021), tkiel (11-15-2021), XCELLER8 (11-15-2021) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-16-2021, 03:42 PM
Drifting
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

It looks great. I can't wait to get mine. Who knows when it will actually arrive. I ordered it 4 months ago.

The following users liked this post:
Royalist (11-16-2021)
Old 11-16-2021, 04:02 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 91 Likes on 82 Posts

which silver is that ?? TIA

Royalist (11-16-2021)
Old 11-16-2021, 07:31 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by michaellenzi
It looks great. I can't wait to get mine. Who knows when it will actually arrive. I ordered it 4 months ago.
Hope you get it soon!

Old 11-16-2021, 07:32 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by XCELLER8
which silver is that ?? TIA
It's actually ' Eiger Grey '

XCELLER8 (11-16-2021)