Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

110 - 7 seat trunk bigger than 5 seater? Trunk space question

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2021, 09:16 PM
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 110 - 7 seat trunk bigger than 5 seater? Trunk space question

Hi forum folks! I’m about to order a defender 110. I’m Wondering if the 7 seater trunk is actually a little larger than the 5 seater trunk when you slide the 2nd row all the way forward.

I have some mats that I bring to work that are exactly 36in long and it would be nice if they can go into the trunk (long ways front to back) if you slide the 2nd row forward. Right now they don’t fit in my friends 5 seater that way. They stick out by 3-5 inches. Maybe they will fit in a 7 seater with the 2nd row pushed all the way forward. Could be a HUGE reason for me to order a 7 seater! I would keep kids car seats in the car so I would hate to have to take them out to fold the 2nd row down, every time I load these mats in

thanks in advance for your thoughts!!

Old 10-17-2021, 09:34 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts

I just measured my 7 seater 110 with the 2nd row all the way forward:

A bit over ​​​​​40" from the trunk door to the base of the seat along the floor.
Around 37" from the top of the seat to the trunk door.
Note that the depth is less on the far left and right sides of the trunk because of the trim around the trunk door.

Hope that helps!

Old 10-18-2021, 06:28 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 308 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Vikep
Hi forum folks! I’m about to order a defender 110. I’m Wondering if the 7 seater trunk is actually a little larger than the 5 seater trunk when you slide the 2nd row all the way forward.

I have some mats that I bring to work that are exactly 36in long and it would be nice if they can go into the trunk (long ways front to back) if you slide the 2nd row forward. Right now they don’t fit in my friends 5 seater that way. They stick out by 3-5 inches. Maybe they will fit in a 7 seater with the 2nd row pushed all the way forward. Could be a HUGE reason for me to order a 7 seater! I would keep kids car seats in the car so I would hate to have to take them out to fold the 2nd row down, every time I load these mats in

thanks in advance for your thoughts!!

I don't know why the distance would be any different as I believe the exterior dimensions of the 110 are the same either way. But we could measure our 7-seater for you if you'd like.

EDIT - guess there's a difference (wait do I remember now that the rear seat on the 5 seater isn't adjustable?)

I'll post photos later. But with the seat up an inch or two the mats would fit

Last edited by Kev M; 10-18-2021 at 07:04 AM.
Old 10-18-2021, 06:35 AM
5th Gear

I realize the vehicle itself isn’t any bigger. I mean if you slide the 2nd row all the way forward, will you have more cargo space behind the 2nd row than you do in the 5 seat defender, which doesn’t allow the 2nd row to slide forward.

That would be amazing if you could measure depth your trunk with the 2nd row all the way slid forward!

Last edited by Vikep; 10-18-2021 at 06:37 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Kev M (10-18-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 06:45 AM
Winching
Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

I realize the vehicle itself isn’t any bigger. I mean if you slide the 2nd row all the way forward, will you have more cargo space behind the 2nd row than you do in the 5 seat defender, which doesn’t allow the 2nd row to slide forward.

That would be amazing if you could measure depth your trunk with the 2nd row all the way slid forward!
This probably correct. I have the 7 seater and can slide the second row forward.

Old 10-18-2021, 07:06 AM
Rock Crawling

Ahhh, yes I guess I'd heard the 5-seater back row was fixed. Forgot that.

Fits with the seats up part way and fits with room to spare with the rear seats slid up all the way to the point where they are almost unusable even by tiny humans
​​​​​​​I'll post a photo or two after I take the kids to the bus stop.

Old 10-18-2021, 07:29 AM
5th Gear

Wow thank you so much! Just to be extra needy, would you mind measuring from the top of the 2nd row seat to the back door? since the top is usually back a little more than the bottom.

this is a huge help as I haven’t been able to even get a dealer in my area to get this answer for me

Old 10-18-2021, 07:34 AM
Rock Crawling

Wow thank you so much! Just to be extra needy, would you mind measuring from the top of the 2nd row seat to the back door? since the top is usually back a little more than the bottom.

this is a huge help as I haven’t been able to even get a dealer in my area to get this answer for me
YUP, I'll do that now before she leaves for work...

Old 10-18-2021, 07:55 AM
Rock Crawling

OK, hopefully something in these measurements helps. Your suggestion was probably smarter than my initial morning fog measurements.

There's a significant amount of movement available in the second row seats as you will see from the photos/measurements. And there's two sets of "seats" that move separately. I just moved the one side for ease and to show contrast, but both sides move the same amount. How much additional space you get in the cargo area is really dependent on whether or not you want to have someone sitting in the back row at the same time and just how claustrophobic a condition they are willing and able to endure.

I tried both measurements with the seat in 3 positions - fully, about middle-ish, and fully forward.

In case you're interested what the 2nd row looks like in the middle and forward positions.

Middle-ish:

Forward:

Measurements at the base rear of the seats.

All the way back:

Middle-ish:

Fully Forward:

Measurements at the top of the seats.

All the way back:

Middle-ish (I think I slid it a little more forward for the middle measurement the second time, judging from the numbers):

Fully forward:

Hope that helps. If there's something else you want me to measure or photo, let me know and I can get it this afternoon/evening depending on when she gets back.

Kev

GavinC (10-18-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 08:00 AM
5th Gear

Wow thank you so much! This is actually a major help and confirms that I should order a 7 seater.

I think my mats will juuuuust fit and even if it’s tight I can squish them a little. But, at 37 inches with the seats all the way forward, it should work without any mat squish at all.

Thank you again for measuring and taking the time to help a fellow out!

Kev M (10-18-2021)

Quick Reply: 110 - 7 seat trunk bigger than 5 seater? Trunk space question