Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

110X Digital Dash Dimming Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2022, 03:08 PM
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 110X Digital Dash Dimming Issue

I am assisting a friend mine in trying to find a solution to his digital dash that randomly dims in bright and dim environments. The dealer states the behavior is normal as that's how the ambient sensor is programmed. Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks in advance.

**Edit - Added video

Attached Files
File Type: mov
Dash.mov (15.00 MB, 158 views)

Last edited by rstegall; 09-09-2022 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Video added
The following users liked this post:
Ronin Defender (04-17-2023)
Old 09-09-2022, 04:32 PM
Winching
Received 653 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by rstegall
I am assisting a friend mine in trying to find a solution to his digital dash that randomly dims in bright and dim environments. The dealer states the behavior is normal as that's how the ambient sensor is programmed. Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks in advance.
I’m experiencing a similar situation, and wondering if it is the same as your friend’s. During the day, the illumination is fine. The brightness seems to be full on and all parts of the display are fine. Likewise, at night the brightness is kicked up a notch to give full illumination, and the tiny rotary **** under the parking brake actuator enables me to either dim or brighten the display, which I really never touch, I just leave it full on 24/7. However, my issue occurs around dusk, when the light levels begin to fade it seems that the display dims also. Once it becomes fully dark, the display becomes fully illuminated again, making it much easier to see. It is just that small window of time between daylight and nighttime where I need more brightness. My favorite use of the customizable button on the steering wheel is to use the long press to go to stealth mode, making the entire cabin dark. Works especially well on dark roads and highways at night when the glare from the display is difficult.

Old 09-09-2022, 04:41 PM
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your issue looks a little better, as you can see from the video his will randomly go up and down. Thanks for the reply.

Originally Posted by WTFChuck
I’m experiencing a similar situation, and wondering if it is the same as your friend’s. During the day, the illumination is fine. The brightness seems to be full on and all parts of the display are fine. Likewise, at night the brightness is kicked up a notch to give full illumination, and the tiny rotary **** under the parking brake actuator enables me to either dim or brighten the display, which I really never touch, I just leave it full on 24/7. However, my issue occurs around dusk, when the light levels begin to fade it seems that the display dims also. Once it becomes fully dark, the display becomes fully illuminated again, making it much easier to see. It is just that small window of time between daylight and nighttime where I need more brightness. My favorite use of the customizable button on the steering wheel is to use the long press to go to stealth mode, making the entire cabin dark. Works especially well on dark roads and highways at night when the glare from the display is difficult.

Old 09-11-2022, 01:36 AM
MML
4wd Low
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a similar issue. My digital dash actually turned off 3 times in the past month when I was waiting for red light. But it automatically turned on after the car moved. It happened randomly and I believe it must be some software/electric problem. I haven't talked with the dealer since I cannot reproduce it and the issue is minor. My car is a 2023 defender 110 X.

Old 04-14-2023, 07:28 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts

I have a 2023.5 and the digital dash has been going nuts constantly dimming and brightening around dusk time like the sensor is confused or way way overly sensitive.

JLR has got to address this, it's very distracting!

Old 04-14-2023, 07:45 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts

This happened since last software update, has to be definitely fixed of by JLR.

Low Country (04-14-2023)
Old 04-14-2023, 09:12 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 62 Likes on 27 Posts

This is nuts.. I've over here fuming that my 23.5 P300 coming in Aug may not have the digital dash but after reading this thread, maybe that's for the best.. from the looks of the video, that would get annoying, fast.

WAFOX (04-14-2023)
Old 05-07-2023, 07:31 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same issue here. Just got my brand new 110 yesterday and noticed the digital das began to dim down and then back up. It seemed to happed around dusk. Is there a fix for this?

Old 05-08-2023, 06:14 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 682 Likes on 410 Posts

No fix no matter how many dark/light display settings you change. Glad our 2021 doesn't do this. Then again our 2023 dash doesn't squeak and the A-pillars are silent at higher speeds. 2023 rear wiper with fluid jets in the blade works much better too. Seems like there are more the good changes then the one bad one. (the auto dimming digital dash)

Old 05-10-2023, 10:29 PM
Mudding
Received 100 Likes on 67 Posts

How does one set the map to satellite view? That’s a cool feature I want on mine.

Quick Reply: 110X Digital Dash Dimming Issue