Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

130 Roll Call!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2023, 02:55 PM
Mudding
Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts
Default 130 Roll Call!!!!

Hey there folks, new member around here. Tried searching for 130 specific content (pictures, experiences, accessories/modifications) but since 130 is such a short term, its not returning any specific results.

So, I figure why not have a 130 Roll Call Thread.

Please post pics, mods, likes/dislikes, wish lists, future plans, anything on your 130 here!

I'll be placing an order soon, waiting for a solid 24' order. Also still trying to figure out a few details, like is wireless carplay/android auto going to be included, and trying to decide between Black (preference and love it, but man its a lotta work for something this big)... or do I like Silicon Silver enough.

Looking forward to seeing what you guys are enjoying!

Old 05-01-2023, 04:24 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 634 Likes on 381 Posts

Coming from an LR4, I do miss the cargo room in our 110's. This future 130 has my attention:

https://www.roverparts.com/roverlog-...mJbA%3D.LHBCVk

And if you go with black, just get it ceramic coated to make cleaning easier.

Old 05-01-2023, 06:53 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulLR
Coming from an LR4, I do miss the cargo room in our 110's. This future 130 has my attention:

https://www.roverparts.com/roverlog-...mJbA%3D.LHBCVk

And if you go with black, just get it ceramic coated to make cleaning easier.
The outbound looks exactly what I am interested in…a defender with more cargo room and I dont need a 3rd row. Do we know when it will be in dealer showrooms?

Old 05-01-2023, 08:19 PM
Received 176 Likes on 115 Posts

There's a few us floating around. @Royalist started a 130 thread back when he was going to get one so that might be a good place to start. Made a thread here when I got it wrapped in PPF and ceramic applied so some pictures if you're looking.

The following users liked this post:
Royalist (05-02-2023)
Old 05-02-2023, 08:31 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by EasternShoreDefender
There's a few us floating around. @Royalist started a 130 thread back when he was going to get one so that might be a good place to start. Made a thread here when I got it wrapped in PPF and ceramic applied so some pictures if you're looking.
Thanks! I found your thread and was looking through it earlier.
I agree on the PPF and Ceramic. I'm a big fan of both. My M3's entire front clip and many select parts (A frame window, rear arches, door cups etc...) are all PPFed and its saved my *** from rock chips many times. Cquartz Ceramic Coating over all of it. I also ceramic coated my S2000 but I've not PPFed it as I bought it second hand and not sure its 'perfect' enough to warrant the PPF yet. But the ceramic definitely helps. S2000 is black (but small so easy to maintain) and my M3 is Tanzanite Blue... so dark as hell, near black, but not quite. Color is so gorgeous I decided from day one to do whatever it took to preserve it.

Back to the Defender, regardless of color I plan to PPF and ceramic.

Just curious did you only do certain sections of your Defender with PPF or did you do the entire vehicle? IF the entire vehicle could you give me a rough Idea of what it cost ya? And what film did you use? I used 3M on my M3, but considering going XPEL the next time around. Any thoughts?

Old 05-02-2023, 09:30 AM
Received 176 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by starbai
Just curious did you only do certain sections of your Defender with PPF or did you do the entire vehicle? IF the entire vehicle could you give me a rough Idea of what it cost ya? And what film did you use? I used 3M on my M3, but considering going XPEL the next time around. Any thoughts?
I mentioned the pricing in my PPF/ceramic post, look near the bottom. I had PremiumShield put on which is a Suntek brand. It's everywhere from the roofline down, including the green box thing in the windows.

Looks and performs great. I have Xpel on another car that's 4.5 years old and don't see any difference between them. Spend money on a good installer and there's really little noticeable difference between major PPF brands. A good installer makes or breaks it though.

Old 05-02-2023, 11:37 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 634 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by Tylerdurden03
The outbound looks exactly what I am interested in…a defender with more cargo room and I dont need a 3rd row. Do we know when it will be in dealer showrooms?
Just built an Outbound on the LR USA website and noticed only the 400 watt sound system is available on it. That's a deal breaker for me as we already have one 700 watt and one 400 watt and there is a drastic difference in sound quality.

Old 05-26-2023, 10:51 AM
Mudding

Well I guess I'm the only one on here with a 130. But I'll start off with pics of my new gal...

2023.5 130 X-Dynamic SE

dshark1 (06-02-2023)
Old 05-26-2023, 04:53 PM
Mudding
Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Always love how good these cars look all black. Congrats!

Old 05-27-2023, 10:08 AM
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just picked her up yesterday! 130 SE. Dealer already had the ladder, mud flaps, running boards, and wheel arch installed

starbai (05-28-2023)

Quick Reply: 130 Roll Call!!!!