2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st Long Trip (& Long Post) - On/Off Road Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2021, 05:51 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Ditto thanks for the heads up on the lights.....trying to buy them but always Out of Stock!

Old 08-25-2021, 07:22 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,254 Likes on 746 Posts

@DefenderSmitty - I'm almost sure that SuperTweaks is one of their brands. I think Simon has a few different companies. Here's their version and it's in stock: https://www.supertweaks.com/land-rov...ht-upgrade-kit

The following users liked this post:
DefenderSmitty (09-05-2021)
Old 08-26-2021, 07:19 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 231 Likes on 141 Posts

I agree lane keep is unsettling in some situations, I'd like it to be off for good. Be alert though after a software update mine seemed to be back on. The other day I was drifting slightly wide going around a left curve and the reason for giving some extra space was a truck was oncoming. Lane keep kicked in and pointed me toward the truck, not good....

Adaptive cruise I do like overall but there are times I even back out of that. There are good times for it, thruway driving etc but heavier high-speed traffic it can be a question of trust. There are times when I'd actually like to go with regular cruise and do my own braking but there appears to be no way to switch it to that mode.

Last edited by Chief65; 08-26-2021 at 07:22 PM.
Old 08-26-2021, 10:50 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by GrouseK9
@DefenderSmitty - I'm almost sure that SuperTweaks is one of their brands. I think Simon has a few different companies. Here's their version and it's in stock: https://www.supertweaks.com/land-rov...ht-upgrade-kit
Have you ordered from supertweaks? They have copied the powerful uk item descriptions verbatim (even when they talk about something that happened in one of the video's). They show a lot of products available for sale that are out of stock on the powerful uk site...some items have I have inquired about for a bit as to when they will be available again and cant be given an answer. Seemed very odd to me.

Old 08-26-2021, 10:54 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Moretti
Have you ordered from supertweaks? They have copied the powerful uk item descriptions verbatim (even when they talk about something that happened in one of the video's). They show a lot of products available for sale that are out of stock on the powerful uk site...some items have I have inquired about for a bit as to when they will be available again and cant be given an answer. Seemed very odd to me.
lots of reviews of people saying super tweaks are scammers

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/ww...zA3NTAzYzU2ZDY

Old 08-27-2021, 07:02 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,394 Likes on 688 Posts

Does Alpine still have the Home of Dan Blocker painted wall?

Old 08-27-2021, 07:46 AM
Mudding
Received 74 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Chief65
I agree lane keep is unsettling in some situations, I'd like it to be off for good. Be alert though after a software update mine seemed to be back on. The other day I was drifting slightly wide going around a left curve and the reason for giving some extra space was a truck was oncoming. Lane keep kicked in and pointed me toward the truck, not good....
​​​​​​I noticed the same thing this week... Lane keep had been turned back on after a software update and it scared the crap out of me and a passenger. I was driving on a rural road and must have gotten to close to the edge and suddenly my D90 lunged toward the center line. I pulled over because I thought the suspension had given out or something the force was that strong.

Old 08-27-2021, 08:16 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Chief65

Adaptive cruise I do like overall but there are times I even back out of that. There are good times for it, thruway driving etc but heavier high-speed traffic it can be a question of trust. There are times when I'd actually like to go with regular cruise and do my own braking but there appears to be no way to switch it to that mode.
TOTALLY agree. I wish there were a way to switch between Adaptive Cruise and Regular Cruise for the same reason. There are times for each.

Old 08-27-2021, 08:18 AM
Pro Wrench

@NoGaBiker , it does! Just the way I came screaming into that little corner parking the picture wasn't framed as well against that mural. The one I took was to the left (maybe right?) of it. But that mural is still there and looks great.

Old 10-03-2021, 02:53 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 231 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by GrouseK9
TOTALLY agree. I wish there were a way to switch between Adaptive Cruise and Regular Cruise for the same reason. There are times for each.

Bumping this for Grouse, as today when using cruise I saw a pop up message on the dash which said something to the effect of press and hold the space reduction to turn off adaptive. So in those situations when we'd prefer standard cruise control to adaptive we do have a way to step it down now. Pretty cool. Not sure if this was added during one of the recent OTA updates or maybe we always had it and neither of us noticed before. Thank you LR for adding this functionality!

However I did discover after a scare that lane keep was back on after the update. At least I think it was the update. It's either the update or there's some way I'm accidentally re-enabling it. The toggle for that is buried in the menu system so I know I wasn't messing around in there.

Last edited by Chief65; 10-03-2021 at 02:59 PM.

Quick Reply: 1st Long Trip (& Long Post) - On/Off Road Impressions