Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st Wrecked Defender I’ve Seen in Person and Side Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2022, 02:28 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 185 Likes on 109 Posts
Default 1st Wrecked Defender I’ve Seen in Person and Side Question

Hey guys, just drove past a 110 HSE (P400) and it looked pretty bad. Cabin looks like it held up pretty well though. Just thought you guys would be interested. Sadly I can’t submit the other photos because of mb size.

On a side note, looking to get back into a Defender, sold it in March. Would like to upgrade to the V8 but the P400 is nice too. Mine was a P300 and sorta miss it. Still for sale actually, at a ridiculous price. Speaking of ridiculous, woah it’s hard to find one now. Called out of state in Florida, New York, California, Texas, Michigan, and Illinois. I live in Ohio and my 3 local dealers barely have anything; one I got mine serviced at said they’d sell for MSRP but don’t have anything. Don’t feel like ordering either. LR Buffalo, dealer I got mine at, says they don’t have anything either, but would sell for MSRP, issue is they now have a “don’t sell to out of state” order going on. In fact 95% of the dealers I call do. I did manage to find the perfect V8, but of course it’s marked up $10k but should be in next week, out of state. They said they would sell To me though. Really looking to buy mid next month.

So question is, have you guys had such difficulty getting one, MSRP, out of state, etc.

Also, here’s my 2022 90 S (P300), I traded in and was wholesaled to these guys. Mind you, I got it for MSRP ($59k) last July, so buying used just doesn’t make sense financially.

https://www.landroverwestside.net/auto/preowned-2022-land-rover-defender-s-cleveland-oh/65044067/

Old 06-11-2022, 02:47 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 174 Likes on 104 Posts

I'd jump on the V8 at 10k over.

The following 2 users liked this post by Yulongtd6:
Royalist (06-11-2022), _Allegedly (06-11-2022)
Old 06-11-2022, 03:00 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Yulongtd6
I'd jump on the V8 at 10k over.
That’s what I’m thinking. I might be able to talk them down a little but still.

Old 06-11-2022, 04:29 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Royalist
Hey guys, just drove past a 110 HSE (P400) and it looked pretty bad. Cabin looks like it held up pretty well though. Just thought you guys would be interested. Sadly I can’t submit the other photos because of mb size.

On a side note, looking to get back into a Defender, sold it in March. Would like to upgrade to the V8 but the P400 is nice too. Mine was a P300 and sorta miss it. Still for sale actually, at a ridiculous price. Speaking of ridiculous, woah it’s hard to find one now. Called out of state in Florida, New York, California, Texas, Michigan, and Illinois. I live in Ohio and my 3 local dealers barely have anything; one I got mine serviced at said they’d sell for MSRP but don’t have anything. Don’t feel like ordering either. LR Buffalo, dealer I got mine at, says they don’t have anything either, but would sell for MSRP, issue is they now have a “don’t sell to out of state” order going on. In fact 95% of the dealers I call do. I did manage to find the perfect V8, but of course it’s marked up $10k but should be in next week, out of state. They said they would sell To me though. Really looking to buy mid next month.

So question is, have you guys had such difficulty getting one, MSRP, out of state, etc.

Also, here’s my 2022 90 S (P300), I traded in and was wholesaled to these guys. Mind you, I got it for MSRP ($59k) last July, so buying used just doesn’t make sense financially.

https://www.landroverwestside.net/au...d-oh/65044067/
I'm in Columbus Ohio and my dealer is phenomenal. I'm not saying that's going to get you anywhere quicker/ahead of anyone, but it's worth noting. They treated me very well during the order/build process (I waited the full 8 months). Nothing but great things to say.

When I last drove by they had a few Defenders for sale.

The following users liked this post:
Royalist (06-11-2022)
Old 06-11-2022, 04:34 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Drewes
I'm in Columbus Ohio and my dealer is phenomenal. I'm not saying that's going to get you anywhere quicker/ahead of anyone, but it's worth noting. They treated me very well during the order/build process (I waited the full 8 months). Nothing but great things to say.

When I last drove by they had a few Defenders for sale.
Was it Easton or Dublin? Just called both and they got nothing new, as far allocations or backouts or inventory. Also nothing in Cincinnati, Akron, Montrose Westside or Solon in Cleveland. Also called North and South Hills in PA, and a bunch others in NY, Cali, Texas, Illinois, and Florida. Also been keeping an eye on Land Rover’s National Inventory Site.

Edit: MAG Dublin just called, might have one. But she has to see if it’s for a customer and might not even be able to sell to me because I’m outside of a 40 mile radius. Like what?! I live in Cleveland, ridiculous. Lol

Last edited by Royalist; 06-11-2022 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 06-11-2022, 06:22 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Royalist
Was it Easton or Dublin? Just called both and they got nothing new, as far allocations or backouts or inventory. Also nothing in Cincinnati, Akron, Montrose Westside or Solon in Cleveland. Also called North and South Hills in PA, and a bunch others in NY, Cali, Texas, Illinois, and Florida. Also been keeping an eye on Land Rover’s National Inventory Site.

Edit: MAG Dublin just called, might have one. But she has to see if it’s for a customer and might not even be able to sell to me because I’m outside of a 40 mile radius. Like what?! I live in Cleveland, ridiculous. Lol
Definitely Easton. I don't know if the Defenders I saw are/were new/ordered/etc., as I stated, I was just driving by (it's on a large road near a popular shopping area).

Old 06-11-2022, 06:30 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 71 Likes on 19 Posts

Not for nothin, but it takes 5 minutes to open a PMB at the UPS store and get an in-state address. "I just moved and haven't had time to change my DL" -- Worth it to save $10k. I doubt a salesperson is so invested in the process that they're gonna investigate you out of their commission.

Old 06-11-2022, 09:24 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Drewes
Definitely Easton. I don't know if the Defenders I saw are/were new/ordered/etc., as I stated, I was just driving by (it's on a large road near a popular shopping area).
Oh gotcha yeah

Old 06-11-2022, 09:26 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Jaredsrt
Not for nothin, but it takes 5 minutes to open a PMB at the UPS store and get an in-state address. "I just moved and haven't had time to change my DL" -- Worth it to save $10k. I doubt a salesperson is so invested in the process that they're gonna investigate you out of their commission.
Hey worth a try haha

Old 06-12-2022, 10:26 AM
Winching
Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

What happened to the safety features to avoid this crash? AEB, pedestrian avoidance, etc

Quick Reply: 1st Wrecked Defender I’ve Seen in Person and Side Question