2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2020 Defender - Suspension Fault.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2021, 01:17 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2020 Defender - Suspension Fault.

Hey guys.

first time poster, I have a 2020 Defender that has had “Suspension Fault” “Emergency Steering & Collision Fault” “Cruise Control Unavailable Fault” coming up on the dash for roughly 3 weeks now.

The car says that it is up to date with Updates with the last being: OS 2.0.8 P9AT on 1 Feb 2021.

has anyone else had these issues currently or a newer update available than the Feb 2021 update?

cheers guys.

Old 06-13-2021, 07:51 AM
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I'm having he same problem too

Same problem. We were in parking lot loading vehicle when we hard a load pop sound and hissing noise. Got warning light - normal suspension mode only. Then warning that cruise was not working. Not sure when we can get it to the dealership - but vehicle has only 6K miles. Curious to hear if others have experienced this problem - and what it might be.

Old 06-13-2021, 10:19 AM
Mudding
Received 116 Likes on 58 Posts

So, you just keep looking at the error code/message for weeks on end and don't call or go by the dealership/service department?? I don't get it

Old 06-13-2021, 05:48 PM
Drifting
Received 29 Likes on 9 Posts

I had this happen on my 06 RRS and it was the fact that I had a tiny hole in the air suspension system, causing the bags to leak slightly and trigger the error message only occasionally.

The following users liked this post:
GrouseK9 (06-14-2021)
Old 06-16-2021, 07:22 AM
3rd Gear

thanks for your concern and brilliant suggestion. Mine is already at the dealer - waiting for them to assess. For some reason Land Rover service is quite backed up right now.

The following users liked this post:
GFranklin (06-19-2021)
Old 06-16-2021, 11:02 AM
Mudding
Received 116 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by monterey206
thanks for your concern and brilliant suggestion. Mine is already at the dealer - waiting for them to assess. For some reason Land Rover service is quite backed up right now.
No problem…..glad to help. I could tell you weren’t all that quick on the uptake. I have a few more “suggestions” for you…..probably not appropriate for this forum.

Old 06-18-2021, 08:00 PM
3rd Gear

Just got ours back from the Dealership. They report that one of the air hoses popped out of its fitting behind the front fender. Vehicle lost air and threw error code. They re-secured the fitting, pulled on the hose (it held) and they think it's going to be OK. They suggested it might not have been fulled inserted when the vehicle was assembled. All set now.

The following 2 users liked this post by monterey206:
cagliere (06-19-2021), GFranklin (06-19-2021)
Old 06-19-2021, 01:07 AM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Good news

Originally Posted by monterey206
Just got ours back from the Dealership. They report that one of the air hoses popped out of its fitting behind the front fender. Vehicle lost air and threw error code. They re-secured the fitting, pulled on the hose (it held) and they think it's going to be OK. They suggested it might not have been fulled inserted when the vehicle was assembled. All set now.
I would just like to say that it is refreshing to see someone go at a negative with a positive attitude and then keep on scrolling…LR is crazy busy everywhere it seems, I’m afraid it’s all the new Defenders…LoL
Good luck..!

Old 09-11-2021, 09:38 AM
Mudding
Received 157 Likes on 90 Posts

Well... I've had my 22 Defender for a week now, and I had my first "issue" - It flagged a suspension fault, but said I could keep driving (would not allow a height change). I had been running a few errands, so nothing crazy terrain-wise. I tried a quick restart with no change, but after getting home I re-started after maybe 10 minutes, and no more errors. Is this pretty much guaranteed to return at some point, or do some people seem to get the fault occasionally without any real issues? It hasn't been losing air overnight or anything, so I don't suspect a leak and would suspect a sensor over anything else.

Hope this isn't a trend, but we shall see. Really love it so I'm hoping for good luck with it.

Old 12-21-2021, 09:03 PM
Drifting
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Same

Just got my first suspension fault @ just over 20k. It seemed to be and issue on low temp start (50 F). After heading up and cycling it, it seemed to clear.

Last time I went to the dealer they held my car for three weeks and then informed me that they had to order parts. Those parts still haven’t arrived (four months later). Needless to say getting an appointment is months out, let alone having the parts to actually fix the issue.

I’ll continue to drive it under warranty until the code doesn’t clear on its own or the parts come in.

If anyone gets some good advice from their dealer let me know!!

Quick Reply: 2020 Defender - Suspension Fault.