Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Defender Stop/Sell?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2021, 12:30 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told by two sales reps and two sales managers "All Defenders"

I'm waiting on a call back about our Defender order, soon as they call back I'll update.

Old 06-15-2021, 12:33 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

MrBreeze uploaded the recall notice...it does not read that all defenders are affected and the vins only include the X for the darkened tail lights

Old 06-15-2021, 12:47 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 236 Likes on 97 Posts

We all need more and clearer information on this...

Just to relay my experience in the last few days: I sent the recall notice (thanks MrBreeze!) to my salesman yesterday and today he replied "Your MY22 D110 SE is not affected by this recall. It will be ready for you to pick-up as anticipated within a day or two of arrival at our dealership".

Mine was built on 5/13 and delivery is scheduled for 7/9... on a ship to Brunswick right now. My VIN falls at least in the last 7 digit numeric range on the recall notice, but doesn't have the "darkened tail-lamps" stated in the recall which are on X units.

Last edited by drcoop; 06-15-2021 at 01:20 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-15-2021, 04:57 PM
Drifting
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Just wanted to add that I also got a call yesterday from my dealer that my MY22 110 X-Dynamic is ready for pickup now. Sounds like this doesn’t impact all models.

The following 2 users liked this post by AliP:
Ahparke (06-15-2021), drcoop (06-15-2021)
Old 06-21-2021, 02:28 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by drcoop
Uh, oh. My VIN is SALEP7RU7N2069448, which appears at least from the last 7 digits to fall in that range. It was built 5/13 and due to be delivered 7/9. I wonder if I'll still be able to take delivery? Still not showing any recall on the NHTSA website (not sure how up to date that is). Anyone falling in the VIN range been able to take delivery in the last few days?
Man I'm being teased. The dealer actually texted me a pic of my X build on the dealer lot 3 weeks ago when it came in. It was just supposed to have some tint and running boards added then I could pick up. A week later he told me there was a stop sell order and he was going to get details. After about a week and half of un- answered texts I called and he said he just got out of meeting and that there was a problem with the sensors. He said it could be awhile and didn't have any info on timing. Interesting that most of the posts on here mentioned a light shining on the sensor would kill the tail lights, while my rep actually said it would kill the engine and the car would stop. Either way a safety issue and i haven't been able to get any more details than what has been posted here. The tease on top of the extended wait time is killing me. I actually ordered in late Jan and after a month they called to tell me that my order was being pushed from a '21 to '22 was hoping the new model would have all the kinks worked out.

Old 06-21-2021, 02:49 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by drcoop
Uh, oh. My VIN is SALEP7RU7N2069448, which appears at least from the last 7 digits to fall in that range. It was built 5/13 and due to be delivered 7/9. I wonder if I'll still be able to take delivery? Still not showing any recall on the NHTSA website (not sure how up to date that is). Anyone falling in the VIN range been able to take delivery in the last few days?
Man I'm being teased. The dealer actually texted me a pic of my X build on the dealer lot 3 weeks ago when it came in. It was just supposed to have some tint and running boards added then I could pick up. A week later he told me there was a stop sell order and he was going to get details. After about a week and half of un- answered texts I called and he said he just got out of meeting and that there was a problem with the sensors. He said it could be awhile and didn't have any info on timing. Interesting that most of the posts on here mentioned a light shining on the sensor would kill the tail lights, while my rep actually said it would kill the engine and the car would stop. Either way a safety issue and i haven't been able to get any more details than what has been posted here. The tease on top of the extended wait time is killing me. I actually ordered in late Jan and after a month they called to tell me that my order was being pushed from a '21 to '22 was hoping the new model would have all the kinks worked out.

Old 06-21-2021, 03:22 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,261 Likes on 750 Posts

@nightsun : If you have the VIN go to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration's site (https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls) and plug it in. If there are any recalls, the manufacturer has to list it and notify NHTSA very fast. If it's not in there, then the Dealer is playing games. If you don't have the VIN, make sure the dealer gives it to you.

EDIT: Or.... during the PDI process they found something specific to your vehicle that they have to cure. Some of them have issues. They do a full inspection, get the vehicle ready for you and sometimes they detect something missed or that occurred in transit. If it doesn't come up on the recall, this may be the culprit. In either case, the dealer should be communicating.

Last edited by GrouseK9; 06-21-2021 at 03:25 PM.
Old 06-21-2021, 03:37 PM
Winching
Received 126 Likes on 110 Posts

tail lights - I don't need no stink'n tail lights

The following users liked this post:
GrouseK9 (06-21-2021)
Old 06-22-2021, 10:46 AM
4wd Low
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

We picked our base model up last week on Wednesday and no Stop / Sell issue when it arrived at the dealer the previous day. It originally was going to be 6/18, then it changed to 6/4 then it changed to 06/11, then it changed to "sometime between 06/11 and 06/18. It come in on 06/15 and we drove it off the lot on 06/16. On the 18th we had a check engine light on. Took it in and in 30 minutes a "reset" for some fuel pressure issue resolved it.. Notice over the weekend that the gas gauge on the digital dash two gauge view is not working and showing full tank (with only half actually remaining). Other view with small gas gauge works fine. Also the Start / Stop function stopped working after the dealer visit on Friday. We will be back in again for service again this week. Need to work the bugs out as we are taking 2000 mile roundtrip up north (from south florida) on July 3d.

Old 06-22-2021, 11:12 AM
Winching
Received 126 Likes on 110 Posts

I'm sorry but reading about the new Defender is like watching a Keystone Cops movie - sad

"hey I only had mine in the shop 6 times this month but we have 200 miles on it so that's pretty good"

LOL

Quick Reply: 2022 Defender Stop/Sell?