2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Defender Stop/Sell?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2021, 12:58 PM
4wd High
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a V8 scheduled for delivery 7/9. I have not heard anything from the dealer about this issue.

Old 06-23-2021, 07:45 AM
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Suggestions?

My Defender 90 S is a the port in Georgia was supposed to be at the dealer 6/18. My salesmen is blaming the tail light recall. However, I called Land Rover USA and gave them the VIN and they claim my car isn't part of the recall. Any suggestions what my next step should be?

Old 06-23-2021, 08:02 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 236 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by asfuhrm
My Defender 90 S is a the port in Georgia was supposed to be at the dealer 6/18. My salesmen is blaming the tail light recall. However, I called Land Rover USA and gave them the VIN and they claim my car isn't part of the recall. Any suggestions what my next step should be?
If your's is an S, then it shouldn't have the "darkened tail-lamps" that are standard to X models, therefore shouldn't be held as part of the recall. If you ordered packs of accessories, they could be getting "port installed" or your Defender could've been randomly flagged by customs for inspection which could also create delay.

The following 2 users liked this post by drcoop:
asfuhrm (06-23-2021), GrouseK9 (06-23-2021)
Old 06-23-2021, 08:03 AM
Overlanding
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

My 21 Defender X was also a January order which was delayed and morphed into a 22 model and was delivered to my Dealer on June 12th.

It currently sits at the dealership and awaits a remedy from LR to correct the defective parts.

The latest dealer info I have received is that it may sit undelivered to me until August!

The question for LR that I have is, have they stopped current production of the X trim? I have not had this question answered by LR.

If they have not stopped production of the X trim, then why hasn’t LR overnighted the replacement parts to dealerships so that the sold orders can be delivered to their customer.

Frustrating for sure…

Old 06-23-2021, 11:04 AM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Gman53
My 21 Defender X was also a January order which was delayed and morphed into a 22 model and was delivered to my Dealer on June 12th.

It currently sits at the dealership and awaits a remedy from LR to correct the defective parts.

The latest dealer info I have received is that it may sit undelivered to me until August!

The question for LR that I have is, have they stopped current production of the X trim? I have not had this question answered by LR.

If they have not stopped production of the X trim, then why hasn’t LR overnighted the replacement parts to dealerships so that the sold orders can be delivered to their customer.

Frustrating for sure…
They could swap rear lights with a non smoked version in the mean time. Sounds more reasonable than making you wait several months.

The following 2 users liked this post by Moretti:
ksw (06-23-2021), MrBreeze (06-23-2021)
Old 06-28-2021, 11:42 AM
Overlanding
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by nightsun
Man I'm being teased. The dealer actually texted me a pic of my X build on the dealer lot 3 weeks ago when it came in. It was just supposed to have some tint and running boards added then I could pick up. A week later he told me there was a stop sell order and he was going to get details. After about a week and half of un- answered texts I called and he said he just got out of meeting and that there was a problem with the sensors. He said it could be awhile and didn't have any info on timing. Interesting that most of the posts on here mentioned a light shining on the sensor would kill the tail lights, while my rep actually said it would kill the engine and the car would stop. Either way a safety issue and i haven't been able to get any more details than what has been posted here. The tease on top of the extended wait time is killing me. I actually ordered in late Jan and after a month they called to tell me that my order was being pushed from a '21 to '22 was hoping the new model would have all the kinks worked out.
I just put a deposit down on an incoming Defender X from an out of state dealer. He is saying that, while the vehicle was supposed to be built on the June 11th, it actually ended up being built on the 20th due to this very issue. According to him, they fixed the issue during that time and it's on the ship for an estimated July 30th delivery to the dealership. If that is in fact the case, impacted vehicles coming from the factory should only see a slight delay. If the car was in transport, I'm guessing it would take some time for the dealer to receive the updated part(s) and perform whatever update is required. Hard to say. In this environment, I'm always skeptical when I hear anything from manufacturers and dealers.

Last edited by benb007; 06-28-2021 at 11:45 AM.
Old 06-28-2021, 12:13 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by benb007
I just put a deposit down on an incoming Defender X from an out of state dealer. He is saying that, while the vehicle was supposed to be built on the June 11th, it actually ended up being built on the 20th due to this very issue. According to him, they fixed the issue during that time and it's on the ship for an estimated July 30th delivery to the dealership. If that is in fact the case, impacted vehicles coming from the factory should only see a slight delay. If the car was in transport, I'm guessing it would take some time for the dealer to receive the updated part(s) and perform whatever update is required. Hard to say. In this environment, I'm always skeptical when I hear anything from manufacturers and dealers.
Man everything is all over the place...we have been seeing people get deliveries earlier than expected left and right...my build date was pushed from 6/11 to 7/23 and then a few days after it was showing 7/23 got moved to 7/16. The one week move up in the build moved the delivery time up three weeks though. Still five weeks delayed from 3 months ago when the order was confirmed but who knows what changes.

The following users liked this post:
benb007 (06-28-2021)
Old 06-29-2021, 03:06 PM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Got ya beat LOL

Originally Posted by disco96sd
I'm sorry but reading about the new Defender is like watching a Keystone Cops movie - sad

"hey I only had mine in the shop 6 times this month but we have 200 miles on it so that's pretty good"

LOL
Picked up on a Thursday afternoon around 5-6pm, drove 5 1/2 miles home and all kinds of things were going crazy…it went back the next morning for 12 days, a couple weeks later it spent 16 more days and as soon as they have a loaner it’s going back on another vacation for at least 3 days…not sure about your length of time there but even for a few hours 6 times in a month is frustrating, I know…but either you make it part of the journey or it can drive you crazy 😜
Good luck on your journey!

Old 08-03-2021, 06:31 PM
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any updates?

Has anyone received a recall letter or heard any updates?

Old 08-03-2021, 07:10 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I had a X built on 6/4 and will arrive at port 8/18. I'm currently quoted 10/15 for hand over. Anyone else with a similar timeframe?

Quick Reply: 2022 Defender Stop/Sell?