Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2023 Defender Digital Dash Retrofit from Analog

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2022, 02:00 PM
4wd High
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2023 Defender Digital Dash Retrofit from Analog

MY23 Defender X-Dynamic came with 10" screen and Analog Dashboard. Took delivery anyway, but very sad about this downgrade.

#1) If one were to source the right part for the digital dash, is it plug and play or are additional modifications required has anyone tried? Hoping the computer system just outputs the same data to both dash styles and the dash units are plug and play.

#2) How complex of a job is it to get to the dash for a swap, how much takedown is required?

Old 04-22-2022, 11:59 PM
LR Forum Vendor
Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts

My buddy did it on a 2020. The bcm stores the mileage. I don’t think pulling the cluster is difficult just google and buy a 1 hour topix cloud subscription and download the steps to pulling the cluster and print them out.

I don’t know if there are any architectural changes for 2023 but it’s a gamble and I wouldn’t worry about the money but most people are afraid of tackling the unknown and wasting money. So ymmv!

The following users liked this post:
GrouseK9 (04-25-2022)
Old 04-23-2022, 12:34 AM
4wd High

Originally Posted by markjlr
My buddy did it on a 2020. The bcm stores the mileage.
And on your buddy's 2020 it was plug and play I assume based on your statement, with no additional modifications correct? I am going to attempt it as well on a 2023 if so.

Old 04-23-2022, 09:18 AM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kromix
MY23 Defender X-Dynamic came with 10" screen and Analog Dashboard. Took delivery anyway, but very sad about this downgrade.

#1) If one were to source the right part for the digital dash, is it plug and play or are additional modifications required has anyone tried? Hoping the computer system just outputs the same data to both dash styles and the dash units are plug and play.

#2) How complex of a job is it to get to the dash for a swap, how much takedown is required?

That's terrible, unfortunately I can't help you with the parts. Can you tell us a little more about your defender?

Engine?
Trim: S, SE , HSE ?
Country?

Old 04-24-2022, 09:36 AM
4wd High

Originally Posted by shepl
That's terrible, unfortunately I can't help you with the parts. Can you tell us a little more about your defender?

Engine?
Trim: S, SE , HSE ?
Country?
2023 XDynamic SE - USA

Old 04-24-2022, 10:47 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 196 Likes on 112 Posts

In hindsight I wish mine came with analog gauges. I find the digital ones, the visual footprint to be too small. They look disproportionately odd against the large interior and steering wheel. Wish the digital gauges took up most of the screen space. They’re pretty dorky looking.

Old 04-25-2022, 05:39 PM
Overlanding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered a 110s back in Feb and am just learning from this forum that I will be receiving the analog dash despite when you build your own, on the website it says the S comes with fully digital and the base is analog. I'm only upset because my expectation was full digital as where most new cars are headed and is "with the times" in addition to the discrepancies on the website that haven't been fixed/updated in months (below pic). I just hope that besides the analog look I will not be missing any other features that come with full digital. Per above comments, I can reconcile in the fact that maybe the analog might actually look good (if not better) as well - but still its very tough to know exactly what you ordered. My dealer provided me a build sheet to cross reference so my recommendation is to go off of that line by line to really know what you are getting.

Also learning the Softclose door will not be in either. Appears that standard is lane keep assist, driver condition monitor, traffic sign recognition and adaptive speed limiter, blind spot assist, among other things. Wonder what else they cut from MY23/shifted around.

Oh, and one last tip as I only found out just now as well, I picked out LED headlights with $200 fog lights, if you choose the between premium LED its $600 but that $600 includes fog lights. Splitting hairs but in hindsight would have gone premium LED.

Old 04-25-2022, 05:45 PM
Winching
Received 574 Likes on 302 Posts

You're also not going to get that 11.4" touchscreen.... and JLR isn't interested in making the customer whole.... like other companies are.

Matt

The following users liked this post:
GrouseK9 (04-25-2022)
Old 04-25-2022, 06:23 PM
Overlanding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Salt on the wounds. At least I have between now and delivery date to go through the stages of grief. Once again, if I knew what I was paying for it would be a different story because now I just feel like I'm getting swindled. MY23 was sold to me, by multiple dealers, to have all of these updates - for me it made sense since they removed standard air suspension that they want to make us "whole". 10" is a small screen in this day in age, however will make due.

Old 04-25-2022, 06:43 PM
Winching
Received 574 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by Dfnder
Salt on the wounds. At least I have between now and delivery date to go through the stages of grief. Once again, if I knew what I was paying for it would be a different story because now I just feel like I'm getting swindled. MY23 was sold to me, by multiple dealers, to have all of these updates - for me it made sense since they removed standard air suspension that they want to make us "whole". 10" is a small screen in this day in age, however will make due.
it’s the same for me. Hard to believe that JLR is okay with this complete disregard for their customers. at least other manufacturers are refunding money.

Quick Reply: 2023 Defender Digital Dash Retrofit from Analog