2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2023 Defender Pivi Updated but don't have new Favorite options?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2023, 02:04 PM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2023 Defender Pivi Updated but don't have new Favorite options?

When choosing short or long press for the Favorite button I don't all the new options to choose from. Just got the vehicle Saturday and it has the latest update.I know there are lots of new options to program the Fav button as I was using a Discovery while the past couple of days waiting on my Defender?

Thoughts/suggestions?

Old 02-21-2023, 02:42 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by justinpkaplan
When choosing short or long press for the Favorite button I don't all the new options to choose from. Just got the vehicle Saturday and it has the latest update.I know there are lots of new options to program the Fav button as I was using a Discovery while the past couple of days waiting on my Defender?

Thoughts/suggestions?
when I got my new defender a couple weeks ago it said it was up to date. I checked again a few days ago and it said update available and after it updated I got the new favorite button options. Did you connect the vehicle to WiFi?

Old 02-21-2023, 02:48 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

We took delivery of ours this past December and was told by the dealership it was up to date. It wasn’t, and the update screen was fairly blank (didn’t list any version info). It updated to 3.3.x last week and we now have the new favourites options.
If your software update screen doesn’t list a specific version number, I’m fairly certain you’re not up to date and will have to cross your fingers for the OTA update to happen soon

The following users liked this post:
MattF (02-21-2023)
Old 02-21-2023, 02:54 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by chuyn
We took delivery of ours this past December and was told by the dealership it was up to date. It wasn’t, and the update screen was fairly blank (didn’t list any version info). It updated to 3.3.x last week and we now have the new favourites options.
If your software update screen doesn’t list a specific version number, I’m fairly certain you’re not up to date and will have to cross your fingers for the OTA update to happen soon
Mobile Data was on but NO I Wifi was not. I just turned it on, will it connect to my home wifi? If so there was not an option to add a password or choose a wifi???

Old 02-21-2023, 03:07 PM
Three Wheeling

When I turned mine on, it let me choose between available/nearby wifi networks. When I chose mine, I was prompted to enter the network password. After the initial time though, if I turned it on and off, it wouldn’t need the password, it just reconnects to my network if I’m at home
If you’re curious, there should be a reset connections options and I believe that will then need you to enter your home network password again. I tried that while attempting all the voodoo to trigger the OTA updates lol

MattF (02-21-2023)
Old 02-21-2023, 03:13 PM
Drifting

Ok, I was able to login to my home wifi. Still says Software up to date but assume it might push through later? Thank you and hopefully this does it.

Old 02-21-2023, 06:07 PM
Winching
Received 574 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by justinpkaplan
Ok, I was able to login to my home wifi. Still says Software up to date but assume it might push through later? Thank you and hopefully this does it.
What version? The latest version is 3.3.2

Old 02-21-2023, 07:05 PM
Drifting

This is all I get

Old 02-21-2023, 09:00 PM
Three Wheeling

Yeah, when it shows that, I don’t think it’s updated. No way to tell what it’s actually on. We assumed ours would be the latest since we took delivery only a couple months ago and 3.3 was already out, and ours looked like that too. But it took until last week for it to update and see the new options
Fingers crossed yours gets it soon 🤞🏼

justinpkaplan (02-21-2023)
Old 02-27-2023, 11:11 PM
Mudding
Received 70 Likes on 44 Posts

I took mine by the dealer for this exact problem - he said its a known issue, and the next update will fix showing the current software level.

Quick Reply: 2023 Defender Pivi Updated but don't have new Favorite options?