2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2023 Defender Pivi Updated but don't have new Favorite options?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2023, 04:09 PM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Still can't believe I don't have the update pushed to my system. I have reset it, logged out of in control, logged into wifi.... Thought, suggestions? Odd thing to me is from the pic above I don't even know what version I have???

Old 02-28-2023, 04:26 PM
Mudding
Received 70 Likes on 44 Posts

As I mentioned above, that is a bug in the latest update - it doesn't show its version. They told me it will be fixed in the next "push".

Old 02-28-2023, 04:55 PM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Trauma
As I mentioned above, that is a bug in the latest update - it doesn't show its version. They told me it will be fixed in the next "push".
If that is the case and I have the latest version, am I not missing the new options for the favorite button?

Old 02-28-2023, 05:03 PM
Received 176 Likes on 115 Posts

The lack of version info is because the truck still has the software version installed on it from the factory, which is not the latest. When you finally get the update it will show the version number.

Old 02-28-2023, 06:12 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by EasternShoreDefender
The lack of version info is because the truck still has the software version installed on it from the factory, which is not the latest. When you finally get the update it will show the version number.
I can’t imagine I have a year old version from before, with no update? Plus, supposedly they hooked up my 90 to verify it had the latest.

Old 02-28-2023, 06:15 PM
Winching
Received 574 Likes on 302 Posts

When I picked up my MY23 I was told the same. Ask them to tell you what specific version it has. The sales / dealership folks dont really know anything. Their job appears to be to pretend they do.

The following users liked this post:
EasternShoreDefender (02-28-2023)
Old 02-28-2023, 06:33 PM
Received 176 Likes on 115 Posts

I can’t imagine I have a year old version from before, with no update? Plus, supposedly they hooked up my 90 to verify it had the latest.
I agree with @MattF post above, dealers in general know very little about these vehicles. I wouldn't be surprised if they think it was made in the UK, several dealers told me that.

Everyone that's picked up their vehicle reports seeing no version info. I picked up my 130 in December, same thing. It wasn't until i got an update about a month later that the version number showed up. There are several posts reporting the same thing. Many of us have the latest version, myself included, and the version number did not disappear.

Old 03-03-2023, 01:15 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by EasternShoreDefender
I agree with @MattF post above, dealers in general know very little about these vehicles. I wouldn't be surprised if they think it was made in the UK, several dealers told me that.

Everyone that's picked up their vehicle reports seeing no version info. I picked up my 130 in December, same thing. It wasn't until i got an update about a month later that the version number showed up. There are several posts reporting the same thing. Many of us have the latest version, myself included, and the version number did not disappear.
Is there a function or change to display that proves/disproves latest version?

Old 03-03-2023, 01:19 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

The pivi system doesn’t seem to have any method of reporting what its current version is, rather it only knows to report the version of the latest update it installed successfully over the air. Which could be why when it comes from the factory, we just see a blank screen.

-edit- totally misunderstood your post. Anyway, the best way lately is to check which options are available for your Favourite button. If you go in that menu and are presented the choices in one list, it’s not the latest. If the choices have arrows to go deeper into each option (to see sub-options), that should show you’re on the latest. One Favourites choice I noticed that was not on the older versions is to turn the cameras on. I wanted that option and had to wait for the update to get it

Last edited by chuyn; 03-03-2023 at 01:27 PM.
The following users liked this post:
EasternShoreDefender (03-03-2023)
Old 03-03-2023, 06:25 PM
Mudding

Then I definitely do not have the latest. There are like a page and half of them (Alexis first), and each one has a circle to the right that you click on to select, no camera.

Quick Reply: 2023 Defender Pivi Updated but don't have new Favorite options?