2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2024 wheel arch protectors. (wide fenders)

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2023 | 02:16 PM
Overlanding

I noticed these are not included on any of the packs on new builds. These seem quite elusive for 24 so far.

I love the look of these but I’m going to have glossy trim on my 24 X Dynamic build. Anyone have a photo of that combo? Im afraid it won’t look right.

Old 12-02-2023 | 02:36 PM
Huc
Mudding

I too didn't get them for my 110x as the Land Rover factory ones are flat finish - not gloss. However, there are third party vendors making them in gloss black. One I know of is Vulkan in the UK I believe: Link. As a heads up I do NOT believe the after market wheel arches include reflectors which I vaguely thought were a DOT requirement in North America. Do NOT hold me to that detailed requirement as I'm the farthest thing possible from an expert on automotive regulations.

Old 12-06-2023 | 12:21 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Huc
I too didn't get them for my 110x as the Land Rover factory ones are flat finish - not gloss. However, there are third party vendors making them in gloss black. One I know of is Vulkan in the UK I believe: Link. As a heads up I do NOT believe the after market wheel arches include reflectors which I vaguely thought were a DOT requirement in North America. Do NOT hold me to that detailed requirement as I'm the farthest thing possible from an expert on automotive regulations.

Good call out on the reflectors. Powerful UK has US and non-US ones which I'm thinking about getting.

Old 12-10-2023 | 10:33 AM
4wd Low

I like the idea of these but I have seen two real world instances of them not fitting well. Visible gaps between the wheel arch and the body - no bueno.

Sure some additional adhesive or something could likely address it but really bogus to see on a vehicle like this. Maybe port/dealer install being lazy.

This was on a 130 loaner I had and there was a 110 with them in the showroom that had multiple gaps like this

Old 12-10-2023 | 10:45 AM
Winching

That's crap.

We've got a Suzuki Jimny which cost a fraction of the price of a Defender and the large plastic wheel arch extensions are still a perfect fit after 3 1/2 years.

So it is possible to get them right.

Old 12-10-2023 | 10:51 AM
|
Mudding

Wow, yeah that's a crazy bad install job. Mine fit easily and perfectly flush. They look great and still have the reflectors, for some reason the LEDs just don't work on the front. The look and fit is fantastic though.

Old 12-10-2023 | 12:45 PM
Pro Wrench

That's one bogus installation job. The installer's sibling must have been using the family opposable thumb that day.

Even a novice like myself can install these with no gaps or issues.

They're bloody spendy though. I'd not have installed them only for the fact they were being used to mask a mysteriously acquired paint blemish on a fender.

I don't think they add much to the look on the blue. I think on white, silver and grey they look much better.

Old 12-10-2023 | 04:24 PM
Winching

i have installed the fenders 3 times on various cars and other reasons. although pretty to install there is a method to make sure there is no gap or eventually start lifting.

powerfuluk video on youtube is very helpful

Originally Posted by GavinC
That's one bogus installation job. The installer's sibling must have been using the family opposable thumb that day.

Even a novice like myself can install these with no gaps or issues.

They're bloody spendy though. I'd not have installed them only for the fact they were being used to mask a mysteriously acquired paint blemish on a fender.

I don't think they add much to the look on the blue. I think on white, silver and grey they look much better.

The following users liked this post:
particulardude (12-11-2023)
Old 12-10-2023 | 05:01 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Ehloo
i have installed the fenders 3 times on various cars and other reasons. although pretty to install there is a method to make sure there is no gap or eventually start lifting.

powerfuluk video on youtube is very helpful
With any accessory instal. Simon's videos are a must watch. Heck I'd just about watch any of his videos regardless. That's some good content.

While not receiving as many oscar nods as Peter Jackson's LOTR trilogy, Simon's winch quintology is up there. Blows The Hobbit debacle out of the water, that's for sure.

The following 2 users liked this post by GavinC:
paule (12-10-2023), rdaggett (12-10-2023)
Old 12-11-2023 | 08:16 PM
|
Mudding

Have to say, I think they look good on Pangea too. 😁

The following 3 users liked this post by paule:
GavinC (12-11-2023), IBarelyKnowEr (12-11-2023), particulardude (12-11-2023)

Quick Reply: 2024 wheel arch protectors. (wide fenders)