Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

8 months in, still waiting for an allocation

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2022, 05:43 PM
7th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 8 months in, still waiting for an allocation

P300, 110 S. Anyone else in the same boat? My dealer (Austin) isn’t getting any or they are buying themselves and reselling them as used.

Old 03-10-2022, 07:23 PM
Drifting
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by AustinFCfan
P300, 110 S. Anyone else in the same boat? My dealer (Austin) isn’t getting any or they are buying themselves and reselling them as used.
I’m 6 months in with no word. Maybe gas prices will come back to earth by the time this thing gets built.

Old 03-10-2022, 07:24 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

Ooof, I’m sorry to hear that. I know this doesn’t help, but for reference I put a deposit for a p300 d90 at LR Los Angles in late July, got a build confirmation notice in early September, built in November, and delivered late December.

I hope you get some good news soon!

-rob

Old 03-10-2022, 07:51 PM
Drifting
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Deposit was placed early August. The allocation math seems bizarre. Don’t understand how some dealers get cars and others, nothing.

Old 03-10-2022, 09:31 PM
Drifting
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Not sure if it was coincidence or not but I put a deposit down in Sep and waited in purgatory until Jan when the dealer said that they finally received an allocation for Feb but none of them
were for a D90. I expressed my disappointment with how the entire experience had been handled by JLR up to that point (model change with price increase after deposit was placed, no allocations for months, etc) and then told them I wanted to cancel my order. I got a call back later that afternoon and they were able to have one of those 110 allocations converted to 90 and I was miraculously locked in. Build date was last week and I’m expecting delivery in April.

The following users liked this post:
robn (03-10-2022)
Old 03-11-2022, 12:04 AM
Overlanding
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Well I am only a month in so settling in for a long wait. I did order a V8 though and my dealer told me they will prioritise these higher end models because they make more money from them. I suspect this is just salesman talk though to encourage me to order the more expensive model.

Old 03-11-2022, 05:01 AM
Mudding
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Hang tight gentlemen. I've had mine for 8 months now and it is worth the wait. Mine took 4 months after I ordered it (April to August), but I waited much longer than that because I test drove a 2020 and by the time I decided to pace the order, 2 model years had gone by and I got a 2022. Yes, the computer part shortage will delay things, but it is worth the wait.

Old 03-11-2022, 05:48 AM
Mudding
Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Order placed September the 8th. I'm hopeful this is the month based on some of the thing's I've read on here and because of how long it's been. Not many in line at my dealer but I think being a smaller dealer not a lot of allocation. Note to self for future, go to a bigger market dealer! Fingers crossed I hear something next week. If not I will start complaining lol. I was initially told Jan/Fed delivery and it's looking like closer to a year. Really frustrating to hop on these forums and see people order well after me get allocated. Love to see JLR algorithm for ordering. I definitely feel like P300's have pushed way back in line for the last 6 months. I have been very happy with my dealer and communication though.

Old 03-11-2022, 05:53 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,402 Likes on 689 Posts

I was really fortunate in the ordering sweepstakes; I started seriously looking in Feb 2021. Built out numerous configs of ‘21s on the configurator over the next month, only to see the 21s disappear (in Feb!) and having to wait three weeks before the ‘22 configurator appeared. As soon as it did I ordered, on March 25. Car came in 3 months and I picked up Jun 28, 2021. But things were deteriorating fast during that time. When I started looking (in Feb), every dealer I visited had several demo 110s on the lot. (There are 4 dealers in ATL, with 2 different ownership groups.) Within two weeks those were gone and I never saw another 110 during my wait.

I was still able to get every option I ordered without a problem, except for the Adventure Key (the wristwatch key). That is now available and they emailed me a couple weeks ago to make an appointment to pick it up and have it programmed.

I think I literally got in just under the wire.

The following users liked this post:
new to landrover (03-12-2022)
Old 03-11-2022, 10:39 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,279 Likes on 764 Posts

I think I lucked out exactly the same as @NoGaBiker . Joined the festival at about the same time and journeyed down the same path. Consider myself extremely lucky in hindsight. I'm tempted to join the wait list now in the hope that I'll get my next Defender at the 2-3 year mark of ownership and be ready to upgrade! My only concern is that they would rush me thru with a partially spec'd Defender. If they could anchor me into the options/standards, I'd wait in queue until it's ready. As it is, I think it's a horserace as to whether my queue with a Grenadier will arrive first!

Quick Reply: 8 months in, still waiting for an allocation