2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Acorn interior... Hard to keep clean? What else to look out for when building?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2021 | 04:58 PM
|
Rock Crawling
Default Acorn interior... Hard to keep clean? What else to look out for when building?

Anyone have the acorn interior? Do blue jeans stain in? How hard is it to keep clean? Just saw vintage tan at a dealer and really liked it, but doesnt look like you can order it on the Dynamic...

Looking to build an HSE Dynamic 110 and wondering what people think are must haves and things they wish theyd done differently? Will be a (mostly) daily driver in Boston. We go to the mountains to ski in the winter and will drive it on the beach in the summer...

Basics I'm looking at now:

HSE Dynamic 110 6 cylinder
no 3rd row
Fuji / Acorn
body colored top with glass sunroof
cold weather / heated seats etc
20" 5094 silver wheels (want to put BFG KO2s on them)

wheel arch protection and the integrated air compressor.

Old 01-23-2021 | 05:43 PM
4wd Low

I saw a video on YouTube recently showing terrible staining on Acorn seating. I'd get them scotch guarded to prevent wear.

Old 01-23-2021 | 06:21 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by sna77
Anyone have the acorn interior? Do blue jeans stain in? How hard is it to keep clean? Just saw vintage tan at a dealer and really liked it, but doesnt look like you can order it on the Dynamic...

Looking to build an HSE Dynamic 110 and wondering what people think are must haves and things they wish theyd done differently? Will be a (mostly) daily driver in Boston. We go to the mountains to ski in the winter and will drive it on the beach in the summer...

no 3rd row
Fuji / Acorn

I have not seen any video, but I can confirm that the acorn colored sci-fi seats in my 2020 P300 Defender 110 S stain easily. In dirty snow or wet mud thrown onto the roof, when the door is open the dirty water drops onto the edge of the seat and leaves a stain. So too, when I slide my dirty farmer rump into the seat.

It comes out with carpet cleaner and a stiff brush --- or at least it has, so far. Candidly, I am not the least bit concerned, as the car is off-road, dirty daily --- but, for those sensitive to such things, I have to say the sci-fi acorn is NOT leather -- a simple wipe of a handkerchief is not sufficient.

Old 01-23-2021 | 07:06 PM
|
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by TrioLRowner
I have not seen any video, but I can confirm that the acorn colored sci-fi seats in my 2020 P300 Defender 110 S stain easily. In dirty snow or wet mud thrown onto the roof, when the door is open the dirty water drops onto the edge of the seat and leaves a stain. So too, when I slide my dirty farmer rump into the seat.

It comes out with carpet cleaner and a stiff brush --- or at least it has, so far. Candidly, I am not the least bit concerned, as the car is off-road, dirty daily --- but, for those sensitive to such things, I have to say the sci-fi acorn is NOT leather -- a simple wipe of a handkerchief is not sufficient.
Thanks... I think I'm just going to go with black and be done with it... Wish I could do vintage tan on the Dynamic

Old 01-23-2021 | 09:24 PM
Overlanding

no 3rd row
Fuji / Acorn

Exactly the same build as I just ordered. I think the acorn interior compliments the white exterior so I’ll deal with it. I’ve had white exteriors with black interior and am looking forward to the change!

Old 01-23-2021 | 09:33 PM
Winching

I am wondering if the Robustec material on the x dynamic wears better than the other materials on the lower trim.

The following users liked this post:
BulldogDefender (01-24-2021)
Old 01-23-2021 | 11:32 PM
Drifting

no 3rd row
Fuji / Acorn

@sna77 I have the Acorn Windsor leather and I haven't had an issue with staining. the seats look great. I think the staining issues are happening on seats that are a combination of leather and cloth. I opted for the 20" 5095 wheels on my 2020.5 P400 HSE. I would recommend the deep sided all weather mats and cargo liner. If you have a dog you might consider the chequer rear bumper cover. It gives your dog traction when jumping into the rear cargo area.
I drove mine today in Park City. We had about 10 inches of snow overnight and the Defender handled it easily. You will love it on ski trips.

The following users liked this post:
FzyPChz (01-24-2021)
Old 01-24-2021 | 06:08 AM
Mudding

After reading about a few people struggling with staining/water spots on the cloth surrounds I treated mine with Aerospace 303 within the first few days. I’ve used their products for years on our convertible tops and they look brand new afterwards. Water beads up beautifully and it just lasts.

https://www.autogeek.net/16oz.html

I just dabbed a cloth with the 303 and put a light coat on the fabric. Took around five minutes or one beer. Stuff works wonders on any outdoor fabric as well.

Old 01-24-2021 | 09:44 AM
4wd Low

When I place my order I intend to add the factory nylon seat covers, both front and rear. I had them on a Discovery back in the late 1990's and loved them.

Old 01-29-2021 | 03:02 AM
Three Wheeling

Get a full leather interior......it is the only way to go and no real stain issues

Quick Reply: Acorn interior... Hard to keep clean? What else to look out for when building?