2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Activations - enable many hidden features on our vehicles!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2022, 07:34 PM
LR Forum Vendor
Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Activations - enable many hidden features on our vehicles!

A customer contacted me about upgrading his 2022 Land Rover Defender to have Adaptive Cruise Control & WiFi Hotspot & Configurable Dynamics & Last User Mode - to disable/ enable stop start with no plugs being pulled & Global window close & Bright Lights with Fog lights (not allowed in North America) & 007 Splash Screen. He was very patient and very happy because he wanted Adaptive Cruise Control so much he considered selling his Defender! The dealership told him that because of the chip shortage Adaptive Cruise Control couldn’t be added...nevertheless it was well worth it. He left a happy customer! Garrett Prochnow is in San Diego and I'm located in Los Angeles. Please reach out to us if you would like to activate the many features of our vehicles! 323-237-9773 Mark we can activate features on all 2020 and newer vehicles under newer software architecture. Pluss All Terrain Progress Control and ATPC2 and the Advanced Off Road Pack!

Old 06-18-2022, 08:30 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

This was all made possible from a "flash" or activation if you will? How did he go from no, to adaptive cruise do these trucks come with that capability, its just not turned on in some models? What a great deal if that were the case and you could just turn it on after the fact.

Id love some of these features but Im in NY, so Im out of luck

Old 06-18-2022, 09:51 AM
LR Forum Vendor

I don't understand it either, but all defenders have automatic emergency braking with the radar module. I don't know why JLR didn't turn on adaptive cruise control, but I can along with a bunch of other features.

There are a bunch of guys on the eastcoast who want this. Get a group buy of 10 guys do a search of my previous posts and you will find at least 5 guys! Or Google Sarek Automotive in Virginia, he does this too and is a nice guy. He's much closer to you.

Cheers.

Mark

Originally Posted by Paradigm
This was all made possible from a "flash" or activation if you will? How did he go from no, to adaptive cruise do these trucks come with that capability, its just not turned on in some models? What a great deal if that were the case and you could just turn it on after the fact.

Id love some of these features but Im in NY, so Im out of luck

Old 06-18-2022, 10:24 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 191 Likes on 113 Posts

They don't 'turn on' selected features because they know that there are customers that will pay for them. The base programming is present but so much is deactivated if you don't check a box (and pay the dealer). Witness BMW's recent effort to start making features such as CarPlay, navi, and even HEATED SEATS subscription-based. Not sure if they backed off of it (I know they did in terms of CarPlay but what a crock of utter feces. I can visualize a time when almost everything will be a monthly charge, including power and range on electrics, features inside, maybe even exterior color once they figure out how to change it with electric current.

Old 06-18-2022, 12:14 PM
LR Forum Vendor

Land Rover already indicated it won't turn on features after the fact for money. But I will! Idk why they do this, but we have many satisfied customers. We also save your profile so when you get ota /dealership updates it won't erase or delete the changes! They are permanent. Cheers, Mark

Originally Posted by CombatNinja
They don't 'turn on' selected features because they know that there are customers that will pay for them. The base programming is present but so much is deactivated if you don't check a box (and pay the dealer). Witness BMW's recent effort to start making features such as CarPlay, navi, and even HEATED SEATS subscription-based. Not sure if they backed off of it (I know they did in terms of CarPlay but what a crock of utter feces. I can visualize a time when almost everything will be a monthly charge, including power and range on electrics, features inside, maybe even exterior color once they figure out how to change it with electric current.

Old 06-18-2022, 12:23 PM
Winching
Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

I have a stock 2020 110X, what other features will you provide? I have ACC, auto terrain response, etc.

Old 06-18-2022, 12:33 PM
LR Forum Vendor

1. Configurable Dynamics. (All of the features that come with the V8 defender on the navigation screen like comfort settings versus dynamic settings, g meter , lateral acceleration, accelerator monitor,
2. Last user mode. (Disables or enables stop start and keeps that setting, even if you turn the car off and leave it overnight. Your settings stay in the car until you change them!)
3. Tow Assist 2
4. Wifi Hotspot.
5. Front fog lights with high beams on. (Which is disabled in north America and really lights up the road!)
6. James Bond 007 splash screen.
7. Global window close from your key fob.

​​​​​Its worth it!
cheers, Mark
323-237-9773
Im in the southbay of L.A.

Originally Posted by sblvro
I have a stock 2020 110X, what other features will you provide? I have ACC, auto terrain response, etc.

The following users liked this post:
Robsorensen (01-15-2024)
Old 06-18-2022, 02:09 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 191 Likes on 113 Posts

Perfect. You know how many times I've been driving my 110 and thought "What this fat girl needs is a LAP TIMER"? Zero. That is the number of times.

The following users liked this post:
markjlr (06-18-2022)
Old 06-18-2022, 02:36 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 174 Likes on 104 Posts

I have why people want 007 start up screen on a regular car.

I'm surprised no one has figured a way to boost the V8 output to the SVR 575hp yet!

Old 06-18-2022, 03:07 PM
Drifting
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

This has already been covered in other threads by the Insider. The danger you run by unlocking the software features is that the dealer can verify your VIN against the original specs and void the remaining warranty when you experience software issues. Proceed with caution.

Quick Reply: Activations - enable many hidden features on our vehicles!