Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advanced Tow Assist Frustration Gap IID

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2024, 07:20 AM
Drifting
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Advanced Tow Assist Frustration Gap IID

At the risk of angering the forum godz - but sometimes stuff gets lost in the shuffle on the GIID megathread -

There are three of us trying to slay the advanced tow assist dragon. Two 110s both with NA fixed factory tow bars, and one 90 (mine) with a retrofit fixed NA tow bar and dealer activated basic tow. One of the 110s is a 20, the other a 23, the 90 is a MY22.

All using V4 of the tool

All activated the following:
MultiCAN-579 Tow Assist Set to Tow Assist 2
MultiCAN-635 Towing Set to Not Support if not already set to this setting. (none of us needed to change this)
MultiCAN-696 ATCM TA2 Switch Set to Tow Assist 2 feature selection switch not fitted, again if not already set to this. (none of us needed to change this)
MultiCAN-793 TA2 Input Control Set to HVAC rotary.
MultiCAN-795 TA2 Select in FCPB Set to Rotary used for selection within touch screen

This has worked on 0/3 of the above vehicles... I have reached out to a few people on this forum but haven't found someone who has had success. One of the 110s reached out to a local indy who does activations who implied there is an activation we are missing but was unwilling to share the knowledge but offered to do it for us for a fee.

Has anyone out there got this working via Gap IID?

Old 04-25-2024, 10:01 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,505 Likes on 1,016 Posts

Originally Posted by BraveSirRobin
At the risk of angering the forum godz - but sometimes stuff gets lost in the shuffle on the GIID megathread -

There are three of us trying to slay the advanced tow assist dragon. Two 110s both with NA fixed factory tow bars, and one 90 (mine) with a retrofit fixed NA tow bar and dealer activated basic tow. One of the 110s is a 20, the other a 23, the 90 is a MY22.

All using V4 of the tool

All activated the following:
MultiCAN-579 Tow Assist Set to Tow Assist 2
MultiCAN-635 Towing Set to Not Support if not already set to this setting. (none of us needed to change this)
MultiCAN-696 ATCM TA2 Switch Set to Tow Assist 2 feature selection switch not fitted, again if not already set to this. (none of us needed to change this)
MultiCAN-793 TA2 Input Control Set to HVAC rotary.
MultiCAN-795 TA2 Select in FCPB Set to Rotary used for selection within touch screen

This has worked on 0/3 of the above vehicles... I have reached out to a few people on this forum but haven't found someone who has had success. One of the 110s reached out to a local indy who does activations who implied there is an activation we are missing but was unwilling to share the knowledge but offered to do it for us for a fee.

Has anyone out there got this working via Gap IID?
Not sure if you've already tried it but a few PIVI resets and a full car shutdown (to dark) might be the ticket. That's what I had to do for park assist and ACC and there are a lot of overlapping features between the park and tow assist. Maybe try making he changes for both tow assist and park assist can help activate one or both.

Just a theory. Possibly an idiotic one.

I have tow assist from factory so I have not activated tow assist myself. Something worth trying perhaps.

Old 04-25-2024, 11:02 AM
Drifting
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GavinC
Not sure if you've already tried it but a few PIVI resets and a full car shutdown (to dark) might be the ticket. That's what I had to do for park assist and ACC and there are a lot of overlapping features between the park and tow assist. Maybe try making he changes for both tow assist and park assist can help activate one or both.

Just a theory. Possibly an idiotic one.

I have tow assist from factory so I have not activated tow assist myself. Something worth trying perhaps.
You gave me an idea that just worked… I reset PIVI while trailer was attached🤦‍♂️

Thanks!!

The following 2 users liked this post by BraveSirRobin:
GavinC (04-25-2024), WAFOX (04-27-2024)
Old 04-25-2024, 11:16 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,505 Likes on 1,016 Posts

Originally Posted by BraveSirRobin
You gave me an idea that just worked… I reset PIVI while trailer was attached🤦‍♂️

Thanks!!
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

That's great info. I will add it to post 1 in the GAP tool summary thread.